Director of Strategy at Spring Health
| Greater NYC Area | Remote
Sorry, this job was removed at 8:37 a.m. (EST) on Thursday, September 30, 2021
Our mission: to eliminate every barrier to mental health.
Spring Health is the leading comprehensive mental health benefit for employers. We help employees understand their mental health issues and connect with best-in-class providers to get the right treatment at the right time.
From early detection to full recovery, Spring Health is the only clinically validated solution in the market proven to be more effective than traditional mental healthcare. By combining the latest technology with vetted providers, we help engage 1 in 3 employees, reduce recovery times, and lower healthcare costs. We are an award-winning, passionate, and mission-driven team with the support of leaders in psychiatry. We have raised over $300 million to date from prominent investors including Kinnevik, Tiger Global, Northzone, RRE Ventures, Rethink Impact, Work-Bench, William K Warren Foundation, SemperVirens, Able Partners, True Capital Ventures, and a strategic investor Guardian Life Insurance. Thanks to their partnership, our current valuation has reached $2 billion.
We are looking for a Director of Strategy and Partnerships to support the evolution of Spring Health’s strategy, go to market and product. With the goal of expanding our member reach and the breadth of solutions offered to our members, Spring Health builds solutions and partners with multiple stakeholders that can help us achieve our mission to eliminate every barrier to mental health.
The Director of Strategy will help us build fruitful partnerships with an ecosystem of channel partners that include other players in the Healthcare/benefits spaces and Payers. While we partner on go to market,, we are constantly looking to expand and deepen the range of solutions we offer to members. Comprehensiveness and precision are key to our approach to mental health. The Director of Strategy will help us make build/buy/partner decisions and execute on them, coordinating internal and external resources and partners and owning the new product until it’s live in our system and serving members.
What you'll be doing:
- Identify with the Executive team goals for capability expansion and support the build/partner/buy decisions with internal and external research and modeling
- Coordinate all internal teams through the development of new care solutions, owning the whole development from strategy definition to identification of specs and go to market, to taking it live and see first members use the solution
- Work with our Executive team to develop our Payer and other channels partner strategy, goals and agenda
- Collaboratively and cross-functionally drive the identification, structuring, and nurturing of strategic partner relationships
- Devise new go-to-market plans with strategic partners, proactively assessing our partner needs on an ongoing basis
- Evangelize partnerships – including joint value proposition with sales teams to ensure awareness and collaboration
- Drive contract negotiation with potential partners and launch execution with partners
- Drive, track, analyze and communicate key partnership metrics to cross functional partners
What we expect from you:
- Highly adaptive, entrepreneurial, and pragmatic — able to turn ideas into action
- Efficient with limited resources
- Confident and experienced with managing up
- Receptive to feedback delivered in real-time
- Not conflict-avoidant but rather seek consistent clarity and alignment
- Relentlessly and shockingly resourceful; does not depend on others to get things done and absorbs information and skills very quickly
- Excited by, rather than repelled by, high levels of ambiguity and open-ended challenges
- Interested in most/any area of the business or product and working with several teams
- Trustworthy, with a strong sense of integrity and personal values
- Consistently analytical and reason-oriented
- Not someone who takes themselves too seriously and has a good sense of humor
Why you'll like working at Spring Health:
- High caliber team: make an impact on something that truly helps people alongside an incredible team
- Big mission: we're revolutionizing the mental health industry
- Big market and big upside in sales: Our product has strong product-market fit in a huge market with strong demand
- The challenge: make a big impact by joining a fast-growing team in its early stages
- We care about diversity: diversity allows us to build an excellent patient experience. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
In addition to finding people who are truly excellent at what they do, we take our values at Spring Health seriously:
Members Come First We are genuine member advocates.
Move Fast to Change Lives We build with urgency and intention.
Take Ownership We extend trust and hold ourselves accountable.
Embrace Diverse Teams & Perspectives We find strength in the diversity of cultural backgrounds, ideas, and experiences.
Science Will Win We will achieve impact by innovation and evidence based frameworks.
Candor with Care We are open, honest and empathetic.
Spring Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable legal requirements. Spring Health is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Read Full Job Description