Director/Senior Director of Product Management, IT/Technical Operations
We're looking for an experienced product leader to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role, you'll work with Flatiron’s Technical Operations (TechOps) team to define a technology experience that enables Flatiron to improve cancer care. Reporting to the Head of Provider Product Management, you'll own the technical roadmap for improving the architecture, scalability, performance, and reliability of our cloud infrastructure, and you’ll craft a developer experience that empowers Flatiron Engineers to continue to innovate and scale. You will be the first product leader for the TechOps team and you will have the opportunity to pave the path by building out a team of product managers. In addition, you'll also:
- Own aligning our business strategy and metrics with our product development efforts and leading our TechOps teams from design through successful rollout
- Lead scrums for a broad range of talented colleagues, including software developers, site reliability engineers (SRE), and system engineers to build products that ensure the reliability of products we provide to improve cancer care across the country
- Manage and drive software projects with high technical risk and high coordination complexity for some of our largest enterprise customers
- Create detailed road maps, prioritize relentlessly, and manage trade-offs across multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Identify and fix process gaps around execution, roll-out, and ongoing support of software projects
- Communicate and evangelize the value of technical infrastructure to the business stakeholders
This role is an opportunity to establish a new product management function at Flatiron and ultimately, achieve our mission to accelerate the fight against cancer.
Who You Are
You have a sharp analytical mind, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a passion for taking on some of the most complex challenges of our time. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have a substantial amount of experience in a product management or similar role in a software, SaaS, or systems development environment
- You have a BA/BS degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Strong project management skills and excellent organizational and communication skills
- You have a strong understanding of software projects’ development, roll-out, and support risks
- You have a strong technical aptitude and an ability to understand technical designs, challenges, and risks
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
- You have past experience as a software engineer, site reliability engineer, or IT operations engineer
- You have a BA/BS in computer science
- You have past experience with creating and scaling technical infrastructure
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.