Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $4.3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $42 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
The People Systems team at Better.com is responsible for building and improving upon systems and processes that operationalize our People strategy, with an emphasis on scalability, efficiency, and compliance. We are looking for a People Systems Product Manager to serve as the direct liaison between the US and India People teams.
The ideal candidate will have experience in people operations/systems and is highly motivated to bridge the gap between data and people strategy. This system-savvy problem solver will help build, maintain, and train on processes and products that support Better’s India employee population. The candidate should have experience in and an affinity for working within a hyper-growth, continuously evolving organization. Through functional partnership and subject matter expertise, this individual will develop solutions and processes for the India People team that align with Better’s strategy.
Location: Remote (United States)
Preferred Working Hours (Flexible): 6:00 AM EST - 2:00 PM EST
- Lead continuous improvement by identifying and remediating cross-functional process gaps, seeking opportunities for improvements and automation with a focus on Better’s India workforce
- Collaborate and partner with internal partners and vendors to build new processes, and assist with change management, communications, and training development to ensure our people systems are driving value to the organization
- Analysis to derive insights and build data-driven decisions that advise Better’s People Strategy
- Understand the overall People Systems tech stack, including Workday and non-Workday configurations and integrations
- Evaluate incoming People Systems product requests, leading the vendor negotiation and procurement process, and owning the implementation, stabilization, and optimization
- Bachelor’s degree, and proven expertise in People operations/systems experience or equivalent military experience.
- You have experience working with and understanding people systems as an administrator: HRIS (preferably Workday), ATS (preferably Greenhouse), implementations, integrations, etc
- You are both a creative and analytical problem solver, with the ability to prioritize assignments with fluctuating and time-sensitive deadlines in order to deliver results
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills that are tailored to your audience as you act as a technical liaison
- You have a natural curiosity and passion for improving processes and automating systems to streamline workflows
- You have the “no task is too small” mentality and a history of proactively tackling problems
- You take a hands-on thoughtful approach to troubleshooting and resolving complex issues
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, yearly cash bonus, equity and benefits. Additional employment-related benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits—including medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust holistic wellbeing offerings where you can experience unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after only 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.