Group Product Manager
The Product team at Squarespace is looking for an experienced product leader to lead the development of product experiences that drive discovery, adoption, and purchase.
You will manage a team of PMs focused on half of our growth portfolio that could include projects such as squarespace.com, signup and onboarding, checkout and payments, internationalization. You’ll oversee product strategy, goal setting, product reviews, career development, team culture, and group operations to ensure we build engaged teams that ship great products.
You are data-driven and motivated by business impact. You have experience leading growth teams that drives product adoption and paid user growth. You are excited by questions that do not have obvious answers, you possess a strong product design sense and the motivation to iterate to build best-in-class products; and you’re deeply focused on interpreting data and maximizing business outcomes.
- Establish a medium and long-term strategy for your teams that creates growth in user adoption and engagement
- Establish shared vision across the company by building agreement on priorities leading to product execution
- Mentor and help set strategy for a team of product managers and coordinate with other managers to ensure appropriate staffing to achieve your goals
- Lead the hiring and development of a team of PMs to achieve our goals
- Collaborate with engineering and design to ship new, impactful changes and ensure consistency across the Squarespace platform overall — including preparing requirements documents and technical specifications, coordinating user research, and tracking progress across multiple workstreams
- Partner with product marketing, customer operations, analytics, and strategy to further understand user needs and combine those needs into product strategy and roadmaps
- Collaborate with team members within the department throughout the rest of the organization, promoting agreement on strategy and managing cross-team requirements
- Help shape processes and standards for product management at Squarespace
- Connect your products to business outcomes
- Build cross-functional relationships and manage complex projects across multiple teams
- 7+ years of experience in product management, preferably in companies building technology for small businesses or in a growth-focused product management role, and 3+ years of experience managing Product Managers
- Keen product intuition and UX design sensibilities, with an understanding of and empathy for users
- Deep curiosity, creative thinking, and a mindset of experimentation and learning
- Experience leading product managers and diverse teams in a highly collaborative environment
- Experience driving user growth and engagement through experimentation and iteration
- Technical understanding and ability to partner with engineers
- Maximize efficiency in an evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 850 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.