Able’s technology teams consist of exceptional product designers, software engineers, product managers, and all-around company builders. The teams we build incubate our own investments and work with our partners to start, accelerate, and grow impact through technology. Our teams are capable of addressing every stage of the technology venture lifecycle; and, they enjoy a significant competitive advantage on day one by drawing from our portfolio of proven practices, internal tools, and intellectual property.
Able is seeking a Group Product Manager to join our New York team. You will play a dual role at Able - a manager for a small team of Product Managers and a Product Manager for one of our consulting projects. As a Group Product Manager, you will be a leader, coach, problem solver, advocate, and teammate. You will set clear goals and enable your teammates and direct reports to do their best work.Expectations:
As a Manager you will:
- Mentor and work with team members to identify opportunities to grow and develop their skills as a Product Manager
- Establish and reinforce practices that support the growth of a world-class product management team in NYC
- Contribute to identifying hiring needs within the team; support the recruitment efforts, manage and retain strong talent
- Provide actionable and timely feedback to direct reports
- Model and reinforce our Core Values
As a Product Manager, you will:
- Partner with product leads to understand business priorities, user needs, and the most important problems to be solved
- Collaborate with product designers, tech leads, and software engineers to shape and ship effective solutions
- Think about scope critically and ensure that product development efforts are focused on where they can create the most value
- Use lean product validation techniques to drive product decisions and set priorities
- Track metrics and use against pre-defined success criteria to drive product decisions
- Effectively manage stakeholder expectations through frequent and clear communication
- 5+ years of experience working as a Product Manager
- 2+ years in a management role focused on Product Management
- Experience shipping successful products in the distributed team environment
- Ability to breakdown complex business problems into simple and elegant solutions focused on important user needs
- Strong focus on testing product assumptions early, experience articulating and testing product hypotheses
- Experience defining and tracking product metrics
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Passion for honing and refining the software development process
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Champion Outcomes Over Effort; You take ownership of problems and emphasize that the results created are more important than the time we spend or the approach that we take
- Contribute to the Solution; You are responsible for identifying issues, and doing what you can to help solve them
- Put People First; You emphasize people and relationships over process or ideas. You seek to build and reinforce trust with colleagues and clients
- Commit to Diversity; You contribute to a world where everyone can be themself, together
- Get Better Every Day; You believe we all have the ability to improve and we're driven to help everyone be the best they can be
Able builds technology products in a portfolio model. We believe that people, teams, and processes are more important than the ideas themselves, so we’ve focused on bringing great people together, and investing in their growth.
We’ve built products in a variety of industries. Everything from media to finance to toys to healthcare. Sometimes we work with management teams to help their businesses grow faster or unlock value using technology. Other times we start or buy businesses outright. Each time, we look for opportunities to leverage technology built at the portfolio-level to drive value faster.
Able is committed to inclusion and diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.