Head of Consumer Product at Rent the Runway
At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with a loyal 11 million members who believe that rental is the future.
ABOUT THE JOB:
This is one of the critical leadership roles at RTR, a data-driven company that is changing the way women get dressed. In this role, you will manage all consumer facing product management and teams across the business - web, mobile, retail, community, recommendations, personalization, research and more. You should possess the rare combination of visionary product insight, extensive leadership and business skills, and technical expertise across product management and design. You will be expected to build and manage a world-class team across product management, design, and user experience, and to partner with C-level executives and the rest of senior leadership to shape and support our product strategy and roadmap.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead and define the digital product vision and strategy across web, mobile and retail, managing the product roadmap to deliver outstanding customer experiences.
- Define and execute on the vision that transforms the experience from transactional to a platform that the user engages with daily, both online and offline. Help leverage RTR’s community to drive strategies across customer engagement and improve customer experience.
- Align the product, design, and engineering teams to improve cross-functional collaboration and communication.
- Drive innovation to amplify personalization of product experience for all customers.
- Hire, develop and retain a world class Product and Design team. Help grow the organization at a pace commensurate with Rent the Runway’s growth.
- Work closely with the technology organization and communicate effectively with leadership throughout the company.
- Be an assertive voice and active participant in strategic discussions about company strategy and roadmap. Don’t be afraid to share your opinions and challenge ideas.
- Lead with a “Hands-On”, creative mentality.
- Embody and represent Rent the Runway’s culture and values when interfacing both internally and externally. Be a role model for the organization.
YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- Bachelors and a minimum of 8+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Track record of success managing a leading consumer product organization.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage both quantitative and qualitative data to draw insights.
- Experience in a high-growth startup, or at least in a hyper-growth, fast-paced environment.
- Eager to roll up your sleeves and dig into any problem in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Experience in a subscription business is a plus.
- Wide and relevant network in the tech industry.
- Demonstrated experience managing large-scale, aggressive and dynamic technical projects competing with resources and priorities.
- An organizational leader and team builder. Must know how to mentor and develop teams and attract smart, relentless talent.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES & VALUES
- Highly Analytical and data-driven; passionate about leveraging and understanding data to drive decision making.
- Polished yet a scrappy, entrepreneurial, self-starter who can manage multiple projects simultaneously and drive them to completion effectively. Ready for the demands of a high energy, fast-paced company environment.
- Creative thinker who can come up with innovative and effective ways to ensure all goals are met.
- Strong leader who can command respect internally and externally and build a high-performing team.
- Strong strategic thinking skills, as well as exceptionally strong communication skills.
- High impact personality; highly energetic and enthusiastic; unpretentious; hands on operations style and approach.
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Many other amazing perks!