Head of Product (Stealth Company)
This is a Head of Product position at a stealth healthcare start-up launching out of Redesign, on a mission to improve people’s overall health and happiness by being the sleep expert that brings an integrative and holistic approach to sleep wellness.
About the role
We are looking for a Head of Product to join our rapidly growing company in its earliest stages. The ideal candidate is passionate bringing seamless experiences to the customer, intertwining both physical and digital experiences. The candidate will be expected to drive product creation from start to finish with strong product vision that inspires our engineering and design teams. As product head you will steer software development across our product suite (web, mobile, in-store) to create a best in class experience for our customers.
To succeed in the role, you must be highly analytical, intensely creative, and a strong people person who has experience balancing a desire for excellence with moving fast. You must be adept at solving a variety of challenges, have a high sense of urgency, and have a customer-centric mindset.
- You will serve as a critical member of the leadership team and play a key role in articulating and driving product vision, reporting into the CEO.
- Collaborate with Design and Engineering leaders to drive product creation through its full lifecycle including research, design, development and release
- Design & manage the company roadmap and prioritization process
- Develop and lead a process for collecting user feedback across our products
- Own all product metrics, data dashboards and user research to drive strong user engagement and growth
- Own product QA process and user quality experience
- 7+ years minimum as a Product Manager (with at least 2 or more years as product lead)
- Experience acting as the product lead for one or more engineering teams
- Past success working on a facing consumer product
- Ability to write clear and concise product documentation
- Demonstrated success as a product lead in the creation of one or more products from scratch
- Ability to quickly prototype concepts, with an understanding of when a quick wireframe or doc will do and when detailed user research and documentation is warranted
- Excel at problem-solving and are able to communicate the reasons behind your design decisions.
- Self-motivated, organized and accountable.
- A positive, can-do attitude. We’re going to do great things. And you can’t wait to do them
- A demonstrated understanding and appreciation for the engineering product building lifecycle
Bonus points for:
- Experience in a high growth consumer facing start-up
- Experience working with a mobile product that influences real world behavior change
- Ability to write software
Redesign Health is a healthcare innovation platform. We bring together entrepreneurs, industry experts, and investors to launch companies that transform the healthcare system and empower people to live their healthiest lives. Our first companies include Candid, Lively, Ever/Body, and Vault Health. We’re capitalized with $250mm+ in permanent capital from world-class institutional investors and entrepreneurs.
Redesign’s mission is to empower people to live their healthiest lives by elevating patient experiences, increasing information transparency, and democratizing access to high-quality healthcare.
Our vision is to connect extraordinary people and ideas with capital and resources to create better healthcare solutions.
At Redesign, we value achieving results thoughtfully, quickly, and compassionately. To give a sense of what our team is all about, these are the values that guide our work:
- Solve for impact: Healthcare is complex and opaque, but we’re positioned to meet the challenge. If not us, then who?
- Patients first: We are all consumers of healthcare. We create real solutions for real needs.
- Outcome over egos: Our work is bigger than us. What we’re building together is greater than the sum of the parts.
- Bias for action: We move fast, but we’re deliberate. We don’t delay success or failure.
- Continuous learning: We seek feedback early and often. Iteration and insight allow us to connect the dots and are key to our process.
- Practice good intent: We take our work seriously, but we’re never too busy to be kind.
We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and want to hear from you regardless of your race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We choose our team members based on merit and business needs. It's the right thing to do.