Head of Product - US
We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 2.5 million customers across 24 markets. Our team of over 1000 employees in 4 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $500 million from investors including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, Greyhound Capital, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
The next phase in N26’s existing expansion will see launch of further products, services and operations globally – enabled by our global technology platform. As a result, we are seeking a commercial, strategic and high caliber product leader to define and deliver the US Market product strategy; driving local engagement and activity while ensuring that the group delivers a seamless experience across all touchpoints and presents itself with our global user voice and one coherent consistent product.
Once here you will
- Working closely with the CPO and CEO of US, having input into the overall Product strategy and key member of the Product leadership team
- Full accountability for the creation and execution of the US product strategy with the Global product team
- Own and lead the digital product strategy, development and optimization plans in order to drive growth and user engagement, deliver on commercial targets and ensure that the Group is set up for long-term growth.
- Working closely with the technology leadership; Develop, communicate and implement an efficient product roadmap in order to meet short, medium and longer term commercial and business strategy and objectives
- Work with the Product community across N26 to ensure that the right priorities are being worked on across the business and customer interests are appropriately represented.
- Develop business cases (where appropriate) for initiatives and be aware of other business cases and projects within the wider group that have an impact on the N26 brand and customer to leverage benefits of sharing knowledge / development.
- Have an extensive experience working with remote teams in a hypergrowth environment
- Gain and maintain strong knowledge of market trends, customer insights, emerging/disruptive technologies, and advancement in digital, social, mobile applications across all markets
- Build lead, nurture and develop a highly motivated, energised and focused digital team, with a mandate to build a best practice digital function.
What you will bring along
- Experience of having successfully launched a product within a consumer tech company, working closely with engineers.
- An outstanding leader with a strong track record of successfully delivering Product strategy and transformation within customer centric and commercially minded business
- A transformational leader with proven management skills and the ability to inspire a culture of innovation. Evidence of developing and nurturing high performing teams.
- A leader with a commercial and strategic mindset and experience in delivering, maintaining and evolving (suite of) digital product(s) within regulated environment
- A nurturing manager with experience in coaching and mentoring talent; defining and supporting a clear career path for them
- Above all, the successful candidate should embody the N26 passion and drive to change the way the next generation think feel and engage with their finances, constantly thinking of new ways to support the business and customers, and relish the opportunity to challenge the status quo.
What We Offer
- Create the environment and process that enables highly effective teams to deliver the best that they can
- Professional Development Budget of $1500 USD/year
- 20 days of paid vacation
- Flexible working hours and a special attention to work-life balance
- Fixed and fair salary ranges instead of individual negotiation
- Work in a startup with a growing customer base and an exciting product roadmap
- A friendly team of colleagues of diverse nationalities, life experiences and family statuses
- High degree of autonomy in a strong collaborative environment
- A company committed to championing diversity and inclusion, and supporting colleagues regardless of race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, ethnic or national origin
- A wide range of employee benefits including a premium bank account, sports clubs and German courses
- The ability to take part in our Get Stuff Done Days