Head of Product - WeWork Labs
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members around the world with space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and build their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
We are creating software for physical space that uses data and technology at each point in the building process, such that it can make better sourcing decisions, improve its designs, build faster and smarter, and ultimately improve the lives of the people working within its buildings. Our state of the art technologies and dedication to technological innovation are key reasons why WeWork has been able to scale from operating one workspace location to more than 210 in just over eight years.
The mission of WeWork Labs is to make WeWork the long-term friend and partner to early stage startups, helping them fulfill their destiny, and to power all organizations that share the same intention. Our vision is to be there for anyone who wishes to take the startup path, be the best place to start, and forever partner in success and failure. We offer a global platform that helps startups grow and succeed through community, education, mentorship, investments, press and more, and deliver directly under the WeWork Labs brand and indirectly by powering incubators and accelerators.
You’re an out-of-the-box thinker with deep technology roots; a well organized self-starter who is eager to jump in feet first. You are someone who has built robust scalable enterprise, mobile, and consumer platforms. You can listen to what a customer says they want, prioritize, and help figure out a real solution to their problem. You bring a proven history of initiative, self-direction, creativity, and the ability to meet deadlines and evidence that you are a top performer in your current role. You are very hands-on, while also being able to build and develop a team. Daily work will also include partnering closely with centralized and market-level sales, partnerships, programming, strategy, and corporate HQ teams.
- Know the operation of our business and the tools being used by each department to grow and lead the company
- Define a product vision for the various pieces of the WeWork Labs engine
- Design and lead exceptional products that help our customers run their businesses more efficiently
- Collaborate with the engineering team to find the right technological solutions for building our Labs products and programs
- Organize and adhere to tight schedules and working with others to ensure everyone is on-track to reach their assigned goals within the allocated time frame
- Research and test potential solutions for future functionality
- Evaluate and figure out product roadmaps
- Work with sales and support teams to find opportunities for improvement
- Work directly with design/development teams on sprint scheduling and functionality testing
- Work with the marketing team to build plans for different partners
- Educate team members on new functionality and scheduled features
- A/B testing and evaluation of user trends
- Follow up on status of current development goals in progress
- Organize schedule for next set of development goals
- Verify functionality diagrams and wireframes contain all requirements
- Discuss recent customer requests with customer success teams
- Interview customers to gain insight into opportunity areas
- Study usage trends as they relate to upcoming features and define product feature goals
- Examine results of previous goal sets to resolve areas for improvement
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant technical Product Management experience (SaaS, mobile, etc.)
- Bachelor or equivalent in Management Information Systems, Management Engineering, Engineering, or other qualitative degree.
- 3+ years experience bringing web products to market, from concept through development and launch, in software or internet services
- Prior experience conceptualizing features that enhance the user journey
- Understanding of Agile software development
- Solid knowledge of the latest technology and UX Trends. You’re someone that provides feedback and suggestions across internal teams to improve future product functionality, user experience, and customer satisfaction
- Ability to both work collaboratively across functions and independently
- Shown success and ability to execute both tactical and strategic initiatives
- Willingness to tackle new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Creative thinking and flexibility -- ability to multi-task and handle pressure in a dynamic environment
- Proven ability to prioritize and lead critical situations
- Dedicated, reliable; driven to achieve team goals
- Demonstrate integrity, dependability, responsibility, accountability, self-awareness, work ethic, and empathy
- Passion and understanding for WeWork’s mission and values
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.