Head of Product
We are a technology company serving an industry primed for disruption —we need your help leading our product into the future.
Have you ever gone to a New York City restaurant and ordered a bottle of wine from the Bordeaux region of France to celebrate your friend’s birthday? Or sampled a Heady Topper in Brooklyn and discussed its merits as the best beer in the country?
SevenFifty likely helped power that exchange by connecting the winemaker or brewer with the bar or restaurant. Once done by paper sample sheets, we’re building a platform that connects the three tiers of the beverage industry (makers, distributors, buyers).
We’re building a community and we’d love to have you on the team.
Head of Product:
SevenFifty is a 7-year-old platform that started as an idea and spawned industry-wide change. As leaders introducing technology to an old but transforming industry, we find ourselves presented with more and more opportunities. We’re ready to find an expert to hone our vision and transform a collection of good ideas into a consolidated roadmap that solidifies our position as innovators for years to come.
Reporting directly to the CTO, the Head of Product will ensure that we are always doing the most impactful work possible. You will help formalize our existing processes and eventually build a team. We’re looking for someone with experience growing other technology companies, familiarity with double-sided marketplaces, and passion for the beverage and hospitality industry. You’ll need grit, organization, and the ability to work with many stakeholders.
What’s in it for you? The chance to define the future of a $250 billion industry.
If this sounds like you, let’s talk.
What you’ll do:
- Drive a unified vision for product development that aligns company strategy, technological innovation, and user-centered design.
- Evaluate strategic and financial merit of business development opportunities.
- Develop and streamline processes to keep the whole company connected to the product roadmap.
- Build a deep understanding of our users through a data-driven approach including market research, customer interviews, and usage studies
- Leverage in-house industry experience and plentiful feedback from sales, account management, and support.
- Work with company leadership to manage resources and keep us on track.
- Scale our processes through the company’s continued growth.
- Balance short-term goal setting with long-term vision.
- Establish and maintain metrics for success.
What you'll bring:
- 5+ years experience as a senior product manager.
- Experience growing a team.
- Ability to make decisions and communicate context.
- Confidence in speaking with executives.
- Data-driven decision-making.
- Grit and a willingness to get your hands dirty.
- Demonstrated interest in the hospitality or beverage alcohol industry.
What it’s like to work here:
-We’re 60-ish people and growing, mostly based in Flatiron with a few remote colleagues.
-We are former hospitality professionals excited about shaping an industry.
-We like to take pilates or spin, grab drinks, and eat good food together.
-We have bookclub, game nights, cocktail classes, wine tastings, and bakeoffs
-We offer employees the chance to earn their WSET Level 2 certification
Perks & benefits:
-Company-sponsored medical, dental, and vision
-Unlimited vacation to rest and recover
-Learning opportunities (like a professional wine certification course!)
SevenFifty is the end-to-end supply chain software and communications platform for wholesale alcohol. We build software that powers a connected supply chain, bringing innovative technology to this massive but antiquated industry. With the largest user base in wholesale alcohol and the most complete dataset of products sold in the U.S., SevenFifty helps importers, producers, distributors, and retail buyers connect with each other and do business in a modern world.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or socioeconomic status.
- Open the door: Ask, listen, and empower others
- Respect the craft: Commit to excellence and integrity in your work.
- Stir it up: Embrace experimentation and bring new ideas to life.
- Keep the glass full: Do more than is expected, for yourself and for others.
- Light the way: Lead in the service of others