Head of Product at Wingspan
For the 57 million freelancers (36% of the US workforce), the administrative burden of self-employment is a full-time job that doesn't pay. Wingspan is developing the first one-stop shop for knowledge-based freelancers that streamlines income, benefits, and taxes -- think Justworks for freelancers. We've assembled a world-class team that has the HR, technology, and insurance expertise to execute this vision and build Wingspan into a big business with significant impact.Your Role
We’re looking for a passionate, mission-driven, Head of Product to help us radically improve the lives of millions of freelancers. This role will be responsible for setting the product direction of the platform and working across all teams within the company to oversee execution. The ideal candidate has solid experience building services platforms, is driven by data and the voice of the customer, and has a pragmatic approach to getting to market quickly.
As Head of Product and the Company’s first hire in the function, you’ll combine best in class user experience with technology to empower millions, and help us shape the future of work. With a deep understanding of the customer, you’ll define the products we offer, our plan for developing them, and oversee the execution.
- Take a key role in defining product vision, strategy, and company objectives.
- Help develop and implement product development practices.
- Ship products within a cross-functional team, working closely with design, engineering, and sales/marketing throughout the whole process.
- Track and understand product usage, using the data to inform the product strategy and improve the product.
- See the “big picture”, make thoughtful decisions around risk, and take responsibility for business outcomes.
- Grow the product management team over time.
You’re a seasoned Product leader who can pull the true customer need out of a hurricane of background noise, and then build a successful business around it. To that end, you're not afraid to get your hands dirty, doing whatever it takes to get us moving, while eventually building out the team that will take us to the next level. You’re goal and mission driven, working closely with company leaders to define goals, can operate at both the strategic level to set goals and at the tactical level to execute on them.Minimum qualifications:
- 5-7+ years working in a product role on services platforms.
- Experience with Business Analytics platforms (like Looker).
- Experience performing user research and working with researchers.
- Experience in a startup environment.
- Basic Information Architecture and Product Design Skills.
- Understanding of the freelance work market.
- Experience in the HRM systems space.
- Experience with payment processing, and banking service platforms (like Stripe, Plaid).
We're proud to be a mission-driven company with an inclusive culture. We also offer significant equity allocations, healthcare coverage, and flexible vacation/PTO.
Our values guide our team every day (see below).
Members First: We are focused on serving the evolving needs of our members. This means building new products and services that actually help our members work the way they want to live.
Make Magic: We challenge the prevailing assumption that choosing to work for yourself means living with uncertainty and chaos. Wingspan strives to provide freelancers with confidence, stability and flexibility through a transformative experience that surprises and delights.
New Standards: We believe the old paradigm of work has not kept up with the needs of the growing independent; and that new competitors isolate services, fragmenting the experience. We designed Wingspan to be the modern essentials (everything) our members need, all in one place. I
Shared Purpose: We are stronger together. With the shared experience of working independently, we understand the value in building a common community that can advocate, connect, and support one another.
We appreciate candidates who are open and honest about what they’re looking for so we can ensure it’s a fit on both sides.
Sound interesting? We look forward to hearing from you. Join us to reimagine the future of work and money!