Head of Product at The Farmer's Dog
The Farmer’s Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry — starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers’ doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. We recently raised our Series B and are backed by early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
#mustlovedogsWhere You'll Come In
The Farmer’s Dog is looking to hire a Head of Product to define our digital product strategy and cohesive, cross-functional processes. You’ll be instrumental in developing our product vision across the organization and closely partner with Engineering, Growth, Design, Operations, Brand and CX to ideate, prioritize, build, and deliver best-in-class digital experiences that support The Farmer’s Dog’s business goals and strategic pillars. To accomplish this, you will attract, develop and retain talent across the Digital Product function.How You'll Make An Impact
- Define and lead execution of our digital roadmap to deliver exceptional customer experiences, drive cost efficiencies for internal products, learn rapidly, and enable business growth
- Establish and optimize team structure, agile processes, and tools to enable velocity, quality, idea-sourcing, transparency, and continuous improvement
- Create and maintain roadmaps, backlogs and product documentation such as cross functional product requirements, user stories, logic flows, and functional specifications
- Effectively communicate the roadmap, prioritization decisions, and key quantitative and qualitative insights to the larger TFD team, while incorporating key stakeholders early so “thrashing” is all upfront, not at the end!
- 10+ years in Product Management with a minimum 3 years directly leading teams at a senior level
- You are able to define, clearly communicate, and lead the excellent execution of our digital product strategy
- Proven ability to attract/retain strong talent and build teams and/or cross functional squads that do exceptional, accountable work
- Past experience and product launches demonstrate a clear and consistent focus on customer-driven product design and data-driven improvements
- You make thoughtful build vs buy decisions informed by your significant technical experience. An engineering background is a plus
- Ecommerce and consumer business experience is a plus
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (complete with free-roaming friendly dogs)
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Flexible PTO and WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Strict daily belly rub quota