Junior Product Manager at Discovery Direct-to-Consumer
GOLFTV is a new international venture from Discovery that will bring coverage from the best professional golf events to fans around the world. Discovery Golf is creating a new, innovative digital platform to deliver live content and special features that will change the way golf coverage is enjoyed.
The GOLFTV Product Team is looking for a Junior Product Manager to support the existing product team and business with managing the execution of the digital products and platforms for Discovery Golf.
You will be help carry features through the full product lifecycle – ideation to production, supplementing with product requirement documents, market research, user stories, user testing, defining KPIs, wireframes, flow diagrams, testing, risk analysis and other supporting information to make product iterations successful. You will learn what it means to be at the intersection between the business, customers and technology.
This role reports into the VP of Product and will work closely with product management, design, engineering, editorial, advertising and marketing teams to help define and deliver features and enhancements that will drive engagement and revenue for GOLFTV.
1. In addition to the responsibilities noted above:
2. Help manage the product roadmap, getting internal consensus and incorporating feedback from a range of sources to ensure the right features are delivered at the right time.
3. Provide additional focus for requirements on TVs and Connected Devices
4. Research the market for inspiration and motivation to create competitive and compelling experiences revolving the use of data from various sources.
5. Maintain and improve the use of data for user experiences and features across the product and infrastructure.
6. Facilitate focus group testing and user surveys of features and design concepts to help ensure successful iterations on the product lifecycle
7. Contribute to the delivery of high-quality products as perceived by the end user, measured against satisfaction metrics.
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Design, Communications, or a related field.
* Minimum 1-2 years of proven product management experience in a media technology company in the video streaming space, preferably in sports.
* Preferred experience in dealing with building products, features and functionality against various sources of data.
* Fair understanding of using analytical tools to monitor success of features and influence changes to the product.
* Have knowhow of User Experience and Usability and be able to apply it to the product.
* A passion for Sport and/or a good understanding of the media and sport industries.
* Excellent written and oral communication. Able to write and present to non-digitally-savvy audiences.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.