Lead Product Manager, Commerce
ABOUT THE TEAM
theSkimm makes it easier to be smarter. We started as two friends on a couch and have since purchased more couches and gotten new friends, er... employees. Skimm HQ works hard but knows when to take breaks and when it's time to update the Spotify playlist. We drink the kool-aid but know we're drinking it. We are disrupting morning routines and information consumption one Skimm'r at a time. Come join us, we're changing things.
theSkimm Product, Design, Engineering and Editorial teams are a group of fast-moving and creative thinkers who thrive on creating products Skimm’rs love. We are redefining how to build products that fit into routines, and we take a user-centric, collaborative approach while doing so.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
You will own theSkimm’s commerce offerings, one of our most strategic assets and fastest-growing parts of the business. Today theSkimm has a rapidly growing business around affiliate recommendations, tomorrow this is a cross-platform suite of experiences for recommending and selling products to Skimm’rs. You will be a leader on theSkimm’s product team, building a strategic vision for the future of theSkimm in commerce, and working closely with the product, revenue, and editorial teams to build quickly and evolve the roadmap.
- Define the business goals with the revenue team and own the results.
- Build and drive a vision and long-term roadmap, rapidly iterating to gain learnings along the way.
- Drive strategic product decisions via evaluation of market trends and analysis of product and revenue performance.
- Collaborate with analytics and revenue to build a scalable data infrastructure that drives new monetization opportunities.
- Work cross-functionally to solicit ideas and feedback, gather requirements, and build new products and workflows.
- Take a data-driven, user-centric approach to building new products with the product, design, and engineering teams.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 3+ years experience in product management and 3-6 years in a business development, marketing, or revenue-driven role
- Experience working in e-commerce
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven decision making
- Proven experience working directly with design and engineering teams to build and ship products
- Stellar communication skills with the ability to weave strategy, insights, priorities and plan into a structured and organized storyline at all levels of management
- Ability to think on your feet and map bigger picture thinking to executing creatively. You know how to get sh*t done.
- Bachelor’s Degree
WHAT WE OFFER
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurances, starting on your first day!
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- A flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- Biannual performance reviews aimed at rewarding and recognizing our diverse talents
- MassMutual 401(k) program
- Up to $400 in annual gym-membership reimbursement
- Collaborative office space with a mix of snacks, seltzer, caffeine and a pretty sweet roof deck
- Catered "Sip’n Skimm" on Fridays - a time to walk through our week's highs and lows as a team, usually over food, coffee or La Croix
- Twice-monthly “Skimm’e A Drink!” happy hours - a time to wind down with friends over a beer, wine or fruity beverage
- The opportunity to be part of a friendly, hardworking and diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter.
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY