The Department: Product Management
Our team is made up of skilled product managers with experience in banking, FinTech, and cryptocurrency. We draw from top players in the financial and technology industries who are ready to stretch themselves and face the unique and exciting challenges of the digital asset world. We are an internal “think tank” that tackles complex, cross-functional projects, iterates on existing products, and acts as the go-to team for Leadership’s technical vision.
The Role: Lead Product Manager, Consumer Identity
In this role, you’ll focus on growing our user base by building the best in class hour one experiences. You’ll have an opportunity to refine our onboarding processes to make collecting the necessary information to comply with banking regulations seamless. You’ll also help first time customers derive value from our services immediately. We expect product managers to identify, manage, and iterate on opportunities for user growth while helping to define the scope and objectives for continuous product success. Our Product Managers combine systematic analysis, experience, and ideation with partner teams to create detailed roadmaps and launch product initiatives across the company. The ideal candidate is an expert cross-functional collaborator, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility for critical team initiatives.
This role is full-time in either our New York City, Chicago, Portland, Los Angeles or San Francisco offices, and reports directly to the Associate Director of Product, Retail.
- Build world-class day 1 experiences for Gemini customers
- Work closely with Compliance and other business stakeholder teams to improve onboarding processes for customers while maintaining regulatory compliance
- Partner with design and development teams to make products easy to use
- Use data-oriented approaches to identify potential areas of improvement within the business, with a specific focus on customer acquisition and conversion
- Engage in proactive research to identify and/or ideate opportunities for new features and products
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for flawless and timely execution of initiatives
- Create and maintain comprehensive and high-quality product specifications
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in product management, with proven track record of taking products from ideation to launch
- Minimum of 3+ years in onboarding, compliance, or identity verification products
- Ability to balance business goals with regulatory compliance
- Experience with consumer-focused products
- Proficiency in organization, prioritization, and attention to detail, with proven ability to manage multiple projects with concurrent timelines
- Affinity for teamwork-oriented culture and demonstrated willingness to roll up sleeves
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in regulated industries, FinTech, cryptocurrency, or retail banking preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with:
- Cryptocurrencies and/or blockchain technology
- Financial technology, such as exchanges or trading platforms
- Fast-paced startup environment
- Knowledge of UX/UI best practices including mobile products.
- MixPanel or equivalent user analytics software