Lead Product Manager, Consumer Identity at Gemini
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
The Department: Product Management
Our team is made up of skilled product managers with experience in banking, FinTech, and cryptocurrency. We draw from top players in the financial and technology industries who are ready to stretch themselves and face the unique and exciting challenges of the digital asset world. We are an internal “think tank” that tackles complex, cross-functional projects, iterates on existing products, and acts as the go-to team for Leadership’s technical vision.
The Role: Lead Product Manager, Consumer Identity
In this role, you’ll focus on growing our user base by building the best in class hour one experiences. You’ll have an opportunity to refine our onboarding processes to make collecting the necessary information to comply with banking regulations seamless. You’ll also help first time customers derive value from our services immediately. We expect product managers to identify, manage, and iterate on opportunities for user growth while helping to define the scope and objectives for continuous product success. Our Product Managers combine systematic analysis, experience, and ideation with partner teams to create detailed roadmaps and launch product initiatives across the company. The ideal candidate is an expert cross-functional collaborator, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility for critical team initiatives.
This role is full-time in either our New York City, Chicago, Portland, Los Angeles or San Francisco offices, and reports directly to the Associate Director of Product, Retail.
- Build world-class day 1 experiences for Gemini customers
- Work closely with Compliance and other business stakeholder teams to improve onboarding processes for customers while maintaining regulatory compliance
- Partner with design and development teams to make products easy to use
- Use data-oriented approaches to identify potential areas of improvement within the business, with a specific focus on customer acquisition and conversion
- Engage in proactive research to identify and/or ideate opportunities for new features and products
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for flawless and timely execution of initiatives
- Create and maintain comprehensive and high-quality product specifications
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in product management, with proven track record of taking products from ideation to launch
- Minimum of 3+ years in onboarding, compliance, or identity verification products
- Ability to balance business goals with regulatory compliance
- Experience with consumer-focused products
- Proficiency in organization, prioritization, and attention to detail, with proven ability to manage multiple projects with concurrent timelines
- Affinity for teamwork-oriented culture and demonstrated willingness to roll up sleeves
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in regulated industries, FinTech, cryptocurrency, or retail banking preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with:
- Cryptocurrencies and/or blockchain technology
- Financial technology, such as exchanges or trading platforms
- Fast-paced startup environment
- Knowledge of UX/UI best practices including mobile products.
- MixPanel or equivalent user analytics software
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.