Lead Product Manager- Data Infrastructure at Peloton
At Peloton, we treat Data as Product - a valuable asset and a critical piece of our decision making process. The mission of the Data Infrastructure team under the Data Platform department is to provide and maintain a centralized set of core data infrastructure, tools and standards that empowers and enables decentralized teams to accelerate their ability to safely use data to generate actionable insights and product features. Our core guiding principles are 1) enable data as a product 2) ensure data reliability and 3)optimize for data productivity.
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to lead our Data Infrastructure team under the Data Platform department and provide product leadership around data infrastructure, systems and tools. As a product manager on the Data Platform team, you will help shape and prioritize the build out of foundational data infrastructure for the company. Reporting to the Senior Director of Product, Platform, you will drive the roadmap of our data infrastructure team as we build out a centralized set of core data infrastructure, systems, tools and standards that will empower and enable our decentralized teams to accelerate and deliver value quickly.You Will
- Adopt and evangelize data mesh principles and event-driven architecture across decentralized product teams and promote the principle of data as a product.
- Partner with product and engineering leaders to ensure we are building the right data infrastructure systems and tools.
- Treat data infrastructure as a product and focus on making sure it fulfills the needs of decentralized data teams.
- Own and prioritize the roadmap for the Data Infrastructure team which includes workstreams like Change Data Capture, Data Ingestion, Data Transport, Data Pipelining & Orchestration, Data Compute Frameworks, Data Visualization and Data Storage.
- Represent the Data Infrastructure team where knowledge of our data infrastructure stack is needed - Working Groups, cross-functional work streams and Special Interest Groups.
- Have 5+ years of product management experience at a tech-driven company.
- Are passionate and have well-thought out opinions based on experience about data infrastructure, systems and tools
- You understand what it means to treat data as a product and a first class concern.
- An analytical problem solver who is deeply empathetic and leads with a user-centered approach, backed by data-driven rigor and an attention to detail
- Have a history of listening to users, understanding their needs and crafting improvements to meet those needs.
- Are an excellent communicator and storyteller; you engage with your audience on a personal level and can choose the right formats and models to engage with different types of stakeholder.
- Learn new technologies quickly and can comfortably and effectively discuss the tradeoffs and benefits of various approaches with your engineering peers.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.