Lead Product Manager - Mover Journey
Moving is one of the most universally relatable problems. Everyone has moved at least once and everyone thinks moving is painful. Updater is solving that pain at scale.
Already 20% of all US household moves are invited into our platform and we are growing quickly. We are well funded and an ambitious, product-led company. We have one of the strongest data teams of any startup in NYC and are world-class at A/B testing.
We’re looking for an experienced & empathetic Lead Product Manager for our Mover Journey team who is excited about making an immediate impact. This team is entrusted with looking across our user experience and finding the best ways to engage our users as they sign up, try the product, and use it to solve multiple jobs-to-be-done for their move.
The Mover Journey team partners with our other teams (Home Subscriptions, Mover Tasks, and Platform) to help our users decide which task to tackle first and create a journey for them that gets these tasks done quickly and simply. The team focuses on the sign-up, dashboard, and core personalization logic, as well as partners with our Product Engagement Lead to craft effective notifications / re-engagement messages (email / push / sms).
You’ll be an early member of our five person product team, reporting directly to our VP Product. We are looking for someone who takes the craft of product management to heart, has strong strategic thinking capabilities, understands consumer product experiences, and is deeply empathetic to users and their challenges with moving. The ideal candidate is at the Lead PM level (between Senior and Director) and is looking for the right opportunity and mentorship to break through to Director with team management opportunities.
We’ll be looking for you to mentor other PMs and collaborate with world-class startup teams of Product Design, Engineering, Data, Marketing, and Business in our beautiful office overlooking Union Square.
In addition to collaborating with other teams across the company, our Data Team is particularly unique - built out by the former Head of Data from Heroku - they surface insights on user behavior way beyond what is normal for a company of our size. It’s a massive advantage, and provides an incredibly exciting opportunity to collaborate and segment users in smart ways to craft experiences that not only convert, but also delight.
What You’ll Do
- Lead product development initiatives in partnership with Design and Tech Lead partners
- Run user, competitor, and market research
- Define strategy and goals
- Model potential opportunities and lead prioritization within your product area
- Write lean product specs
- Work with the Design team to deliver the best possible user experience and delight users
- Continuously propose new experiments to improve conversion and user engagement
- Collaborate with CX to respond to user needs and NPS findings
- Mentor other PMs and product-enthusiasts within Updater
What You Have
- 5-8 years of experience in product management, at least 2 years focused on consumer-facing, mobile-centric experiences
- Optimism and a forward-looking attitude with a clear, inspiring communication style
- A desire for collaboration and knowledge of how to drive decision-making
- Experience collecting and using qualitative and quantitative data to uncover actionable insights and drive forward decisions
- Strong experience in setting hypotheses, deciding between various types of testing (A/B, multivariate, interviews, surveys, etc), and leading efficient test execution
- Knowledge of how to balance data with intuition when necessary
- Experience with Sketch, InVision, Webflow, Zeplin, UserTesting, Optimizely
- A passion for user research and user testing, and experience analysis of user feedback and behavior
- Experience as a strategic product thinker, a collaborator, and a champion of the user
- Humility; a constant desire to grow and learn
Updater makes moving easier for the 17 million households that relocate every year in the US. With Updater, users seamlessly transfer utilities, update accounts and records, forward mail, and much more. Hundreds of the most prominent real estate companies in the US (from real estate brokerages to multifamily and relocation companies) rely on Updater’s real estate products to save clients hours with a branded and personalized Updater moving experience.
Headquartered in New York City, Updater has raised nearly $100 million from leading investors, including SoftBank Capital, IA Ventures, Commerce Ventures, Second Century Ventures (the strategic investment arm of the National Association of Realtors®), and more. Updater ranked #3 on Crain's 2016 Best Places to Work in NYC, ranking as the highest rated tech company on the list, and ranked #7 in 2018. For more information, please visit www.updater.com.
Updater is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.