Lead Product Manager (remote) at Thoughtworks (Greater NYC Area, NY)
Thoughtworks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
As consultants, we work with our clients to ensure we’re evolving their technology and empowering adaptive mindsets to meet their business goals. You could influence the digital strategy of a retail giant, build a bold new mobile application for a bank or redesign platforms using event sourcing and intelligent data pipelines. You will use the latest Lean and Agile thinking, create pragmatic solutions to solve mission-critical problems and challenge yourself every day.
Our Product Managers lead the ideation and delivery of some of the best digital products in the market today. They help orchestrate business strategy, design and technology disciplines to drive solutions for our clients that provide significant business results through delivering highly effective customer engagement. Thoughtworks Product Managers work with some of the most senior-level executives at our clients to drive alignment around the solutions we build and the value they deliver.
Outcomes you’ll be driving as a Lead Product Manager:
- You will develop a customer-focused understanding of the value and purpose of a solution based on users’ needs
- You will build a shared product vision and roadmap and execute on it
- You will cultivate meaningful relationships with client stakeholders and develop a deep understanding of their strategy, structure and business model
- Ensure ongoing buy-in and support from product stakeholders, bring in external research to validate what good looks like for the product direction
- Lead customer focus and product emphasis to encourage a high performing team
- Serve as a key point of contact to get information for the team, such as goals, problems, and the measure of success for each feature. Support members of the team by removing blockers and supporting account strategy at a tactical level
- Drive the overall product delivery lifecycle and continuously deliver undeniable value to our clients across a portfolio of products
- Own the product backlog and constantly evolve it based on the latest changes in the business
- Contribute to the growth and scale of our evolving business through taking an active part in recruiting, community building, mentorship, identifying and driving best practices and market trends.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You can take a product vision and translate it into a roadmap with clear measures of success
- Assure effective collaboration between Thoughtworks’ and the client’s teams, encouraging open communication and advocating for shared outcomes
- You naturally empathize with your product’s user, keeping them in mind throughout all stages of the product management lifecycle
- You have a knack for prioritization, obtaining buy-in from stakeholders, and resolving conflicts as they arise
- You have a track record of managing the scope and shape of programs of work
- You love facilitating workshops with business stakeholders to outline your product roadmap and a project release plan
- You’re able to clearly define a value proposition and seamlessly articulate it, generating support and buy-in from all relevant stakeholders
- You’re analytical: you know that your product must provide tangible business value and can gather the right requirements and analysis to support your work
- But you’re right-brained, too: you know the power of effective storytelling and can easily synthesize data and insights into clear, impactful messaging
- You’ve been exposed to service design and have user needs research experience
- Experience in Healthcare or Public Sector or Finance industry is a plus
Not quite ready to apply? Or maybe this isn’t the right role for you? That’s OK, you can stay in touch with AccessThoughtworks, our learning community (click "contact me about recruitment opportunities" to hear about jobs in the future).
It is the policy of Thoughtworks, Inc. to provide a work environment free of discrimination. The Company will take affirmative action to ensure applicants and Thoughtworks employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, ethnic origin, veteran or military status, family or marital status, disability, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, gender expression or gender identity. This also includes individuals who are perceived to have any of the aforementioned attributes. Thoughtworks will adhere to all federal, state, and municipal laws and regulations governing employment.