Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Product
Our team is made up of skilled product managers with experience in banking, fintech, and cryptocurrency. We draw from top players in the financial and technology industries who are ready to stretch themselves and face the unique and exciting challenges of the digital asset world. We are an internal “think tank” that tackles complex, cross-functional projects, iterates on existing products, and acts as the go-to team for Leadership’s technical vision.
The Role: Lead Product Manager, Signing
In this role, you'll focus on building a deep understanding of the latest developments in cryptography as well as the cryptocurrency industry and leveraging that understanding to enable effective decision making on the team at Gemini responsible for implementing and leveraging the cryptography that enables the utility of cryptocurrencies.
You'll be quantifying the opportunities present in the emerging sectors of the industry and identifying critical paths toward enabling Gemini to participate in a meaningful way. We expect product managers to identify, manage, and iterate on opportunities for expansion of the cryptocurrency utility case while helping to define the scope and objectives for continuous product success.
Our Product Managers combine systematic analysis, experience, and ideation with partner teams to create detailed roadmaps and launch product initiatives across the company. The ideal candidate is an expert cross-functional collaborator, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility for critical team initiatives.
This role is full-time in either our New York City, Los Angeles or San Francisco offices, and reports directly to the Associate Director of Product, Wallet.
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, by pulling data from internal and external sources
- Define the data elements and data structure that our team should leverage to enable analytical and reporting capabilities for our product roadmap
- Design and influence operational best practices for reporting and analytics to enable the team to scale as we grow presence in new and existing territories
- Enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format
- Use data-oriented approaches to identify potential areas of improvement within the business, with a specific focus on asset support
- Partner with compliance, legal, and development teams to deliver products in-line with a consistent asset strategy
- Bachelor’s Degree in any quantitative discipline (such as Statistics, Mathematics, or Operational Research) or in Business, Finance, Computer Science, or Economics or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in a role requiring application of analytic skills in a business analyst, data analyst or statistical analyst role
- 3+ years of experienced developing requirements and creating requirements documents and process flows
- Knowledge of and experience with cryptocurrencies, cryptography, and/or blockchain technology
- Proficiency in organization, prioritization, and attention to detail, with proven ability to manage multiple projects with concurrent timelines
- Affinity for teamwork-oriented culture and demonstrated willingness to roll up sleeves
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- An ability and interest in working in a fast-paced, ambiguous and rapidly changing environment
- Experience in regulated industries, FinTech, cryptocurrency, or retail banking preferred
- Comfort designing financial technology, such as exchanges or trading platforms
- Execute best in a fast-paced startup environment
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.