Life Insurance Product Manager at Haven Technologies
Haven Life Insurance Agency is an insurtech innovator at MassMutual that offers a new way to get life insurance online that's actually simple. It is composed of 250+ New York City-based engineers, marketers, designers, data geeks, and insurance nerds.
We combine the culture of a startup with the stability and backing of a Fortune 500 company to create an environment that's truly unique. Our diverse team is composed of smart, collaborative people who think big, execute quickly and don't take themselves too seriously. We're located in New York's Flatiron District and in case you're wondering, yes, we provide free snacks. Cold brew too.
If you're creative, professional and kind, we'd love to hear from you.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking a detail-oriented person to join Haven Life’s Coverpath team as a Product Manager, responsible for helping to build the next-generation insurance platform for clients and life insurance agents. You'll be working with a team of Software Engineers, QAs, Designers, and Compliance individuals to build new features to support the sales of our core insurance products (Whole Life, Term, Annuities, etc.) across different jurisdictions in the United States. You will serve as an important link between the Coverpath product teams and other key stakeholders.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Build strong relationships with the Software Engineers, QA and Legal Teams.
- Execute the implementation of life insurance products once approved by regulators in various jurisdictions.
- Advocate for great user experiences when coordinating product development with business stakeholders to align priorities.
- Write thoughtful, detailed requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Perform backlog grooming, sprint planning, and retrospectives.
- Coordinate production issues and resolution, including across multiple teams
- BS/BA required
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience as a product manager or product owner, previous life insurance experience a plus
- Experience in an agile environment and scrum framework
- Clear and concise written communication skills with demonstrated ability to summarize large, complex, and conflicting data
- Strong project management skills including driving alignment, planning resources, managing milestones, and being responsible for overall project success
- Entrepreneurial minded and driven self-starter with the ability to learn on the job
- Collaborative and a team player
- Intellectually curious, pro-actively seeks to learn new things and drive improvements
- Ability to work from our NYC location when we return to the office (Expected return date: January 2022)
- Eligible to work for any employer in the U.S. without sponsorship now or in the future
- Experience in life insurance, financial services, or other highly regulated industry
- Experience with leading projects with a wide group of stakeholders
- Detail-oriented executor with a tenacity to tackle complex products and problems
We pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you’ll be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(K).