Manager, Apparel Production at Peloton
Peloton is seeking an Apparel Production Manager to join our team in New York, NY. In this role you will be responsible for managing the production lifecycle of product with domestic and overseas production partners.. The Production Manager will work in tandem with the Director of Development & Production, Merchandising, Technical Design, Design, Planning and Logistics for cost negotiations, delivery calendars, raw material positioning, communicating cross functional timelines and vendor management. The successful candidate will possess a strategic mindset, excellent collaborative skills to work cross functionally within the apparel organization, a strong understanding of quality, testing, and proven vendor management skills.
- Manage the production life cycle for apparel with domestic & overseas factories
- Effectively communicate with production manufacturers for order placement, delivery dates and product requirements
- Collaborate closely with cross functional partners in merchandising, planning and technical design
- Negotiate seasonal style costing and maintain cost sheets and cost reports
- Manage production deliveries and maintain WIP reports for weekly tracking of deliverables
- Partner with factories for quality standards and consistency of product
- Communicate and monitor testing and compliance requirements
- Partner in developing the seasonal calendar and lead weekly production meetings to report and communicate on deadlines development & production
- Establish a strong partnership with technical design to communicate sample and comment deadlines, partner in product quality collectively
- Work closely with Logistics on shipment schedules to ensure timely delivery to customers
- Source new factories, trim suppliers, fabric mills and stay up to date on market trends in fiber/fabric technology, sustainability and manufacturing processes
- 7+ years of experience in apparel production, active market preferred
- A go getter with a positive, no task too big or too small attitude
- Knowledge and experience of working with overseas & domestic factories
- Strong understanding of fabrics, garment construction and garment testing
- Efficient, organized, detail oriented with strong time management skills
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment, driven by teamwork and collaborative innovation.
- Experience with fashion-related ERP systems (PDM, PLM)
- Strong proficiency in Excel & G Suite
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.