Manager, Apparel Technical Design at Peloton
Peloton is seeking an Apparel Technical Design Manager to join our team in New York, NY.
In this role you will be responsible for managing the development and production fit, construction and quality lifecycle with domestic and overseas production partners.. The Technical Design Manager will work in tandem with the Director of Development & Production, Merchandising, Design and Product Development. The successful candidate will have a strong background in Technical Design with a strategic mindset, proven ability to establish and drive processes, excellent leadership and collaborative skills and proven vendor management skills.
- Optimize internal fit development process partnering with Merchandising, Design, and Product Development from product concept through to production
- Drive the milestones of the approval process ensuring all fits are approved within production calendar time and action plan in partnership with Production
- Manage, mentor and develop a team of 3 instilling core competencies of consistency in specs, tolerances, block patterns, construction and construction
- Oversee and communicate development and fit specifications from development to the end product with factories and vendor partners for performance categories
- Standardize and systematize grade rules for all product classifications
- Drive block standardization to ensure consistent product experience for Peloton members.
- Partner and collaborate with factory technical teams to implement a standardized development and fit process following Peloton guidelines.
- Participate in research and development of new construction techniques and fits advancements to support Design and Product Development.
- Establish strong relationships with cross functional and global partners.
- 10+ years experience in apparel technical design, active market preferred
- Expertise of draping, development fittings, performance knit fabrics, technical garment construction
- Proven management and leadership skills with vendors, cross functional teams and direct reports
- Strong working knowledge and implementation experience of PLM systems
- Excellent communication skills with overseas and domestic vendors
- Highly organized & detail oriented
- Eagerness and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, driven by teamwork and collaborative innovation
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand’s immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.