Founded in 2017, Ro is a patient-driven telehealth company that puts you in control of your health. We’re patients, just like you, building technology to make healthcare accessible, affordable, and maybe even enjoyable. Ro powers three digital health clinics -- Roman for men’s health, Rory for women’s health, and Zero for fighting smoking addiction -- as well as Ro Pharmacy, a simple and affordable online pharmacy where every medication is $5 per month. The company’s nationwide networking of physicians and pharmacies provides a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from online treatment to the delivery of medication and ongoing care. Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company’s 2019 list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, and listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2020.
We’re expanding our in-house Clinical team and are in need of a driven and flexible A-player to help scale our offerings across multiple conditions. The Manager of Clinical Product, Patient will work closely with both Clinical and Product Growth teams to optimize the end user experience for both patients and clinicians and create a safe and effective high-quality digital clinical experience. This role reports directly to our Associate Director of Clinical Product, Patient.
Who are you? That's a great question. You have radical empathy for both patients and providers, and deep understanding of the clinical experience. You thrive on doing focused work to solve problems while keeping the big picture in mind. You have superior organization and prioritization skills to deliver high quality outputs on time. And finally, you might not know everything about working in a digital health startup environment or all of clinical medicine, but you have a strong growth mindset and are excited to learn by doing. If this sounds familiar, we'd love to hear from you and strongly encourage you to include a cover letter with your application! (Yes, we read them)
What You’ll Do:
- Build online visits, including thorough research of conditions, drafting flow and questions, and incorporating feedback from cross-functional stakeholders
- Execute edits and modifications to the online visit in an iterative fashion based on data
- Draft comprehensive and readable treatment plans, provider guidelines, and other patient- and provider-facing materials for new conditions
- Participate in user acceptability testing (UAT) of online visits considering patient and provider perspectives
- Other responsibilities in support of Clinical Product—we’re growing quickly and day-to-day priorities may shift, so adaptability in a fast-paced environment is a must
What You Bring to the Team:
- MD, DO, or equivalent
- 2+ years of postgraduate training (direct patient care), industry experience, or a combination of the two
- Previous experience with product teams (product managers and designers) is a plus, but not required
- Understanding of business metrics like conversion, retention, and acquisition is a plus, but not required
Benefits + Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Fitness reimbursement
- Paid maternity/parental leave
We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, and sexuality to apply.