Manager, Color Management and Product Quality at Gooten Inc.
Gooten is a technology company that enables eCommerce businesses to easily access high-quality, global, on-demand manufacturing. We give businesses the tools to create products to sell online and manage orders across a multitude of stores and sales channels. Businesses powered by Gooten can source and identify new products and trends, run promotions, and track analytics on new and repeat purchasers, while focusing business efforts on what drives revenues - creating, developing and marketing brands and products.
By joining Gooten, you will become part of a global team that is dedicated to increasing company efficiency and revenue through design optimization and brand value.Your role:
As Manager of Product Quality you will be responsible for developing the Gooten standards for quality across all product categories. You will document and enforce materials specifications to ensure consistency in delivered goods. In addition you will design, implement and manage color management systems to define, measure, and control print output across the global Gooten network of manufacturers.How you'll power eCommerce:
- Establish the Gooten Standard for all current and future products offered in the Gooten product catalogue. You will shape what will become the first industry standard for consistency and quality.
- Work with Gooten Growth, Service, and Product teams as well as our merchant partners, build and maintain accurate product specifications and defect tolerances
- Build the first of its kind color management system to ensure accurate brand colors across many manufacturers, machines, and geographies.
- Partner with the best manufacturers in the world to create systems that ensure predictable, consistent, high quality outcomes.
- Work with the most successful e-commerce merchants in the world to understand their requirements and ensure they are creating artwork that will maximize results in the Gooten network.
- Coordinate with our Quality teams, and through secret shopping and sampling, ensure manufacturing network compliance with Gooten standards for product blanks, substrates, and color output.
- Approve all production samples before new products are launched
- 7-10 years of experience in the print on demand space, specifically with wide format inkjet, toner based print, DTG apparel printing, and dye sublimation technologies.
- Experience creating, implementing and managing color management systems in the print on demand or traditional print space.
- A background and experience in prepress technology, including selecting and working with RIP software packages, preflight software, and prepress workflow programs.
- Graphic design background, including mastery of common design programs such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.
- 7-10 years of experience in manufacturing environments - hands on, on the production floor solving problems with technology.
- Fantastic people skills, the ability to move from the boardroom to the break room with ease.
- Initiative - you have to be able to take the kernel of an idea and flesh it out, frame out a solution, and then rally the resources to help push that idea across the finish line.
- Be part of the village: We nurture a culture of open communication. Because our team is a collection of people from diverse backgrounds and cultures, we have seen a great level of cross-team cooperation. We are a globally distributed team, with individuals located in Europe, North America, and South America and we are energized by the diversity of thought our team brings to the table.
- Care for your family: We carry a comprehensive parental leave for new parents in our different geographies
- Life in balance: We're passionate about our work, yet we are believers in taking time to relax and recharge. We offer 30 days of paid time off (this includes holidays), so you're able to schedule breaks according to your beliefs and values!
- Continue learning: We offer financial assistance for continuous development related to your current or future role in the company and are invested in helping you as a person and professional.
- Take ownership: Every teammate who joins Gooten receives meaningful equity in the company. Our people are directly responsible for our success and we want our entire team to benefit from what we are achieving together.
At Gooten, we celebrate and support the differences that allow our team to empower our eCommerce partners to grow their businesses and democratize access to high-quality, global, on-demand manufacturing. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome all applicants and teammates regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by applicable law. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected]