Manager Global Sourcing at Harry's Inc.
Harry’s started as a men’s grooming brand that was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience and for people who know they shouldn’t have to overpay for great products. We’ve taken the simple premise of “creating things people like more” to expand to four multinational brands. Today we’re looking to bring amazing people, like you, to join our growing company to continue disrupting markets!
About the Team
The Global Sourcing team at Harry's, Inc. works cross-functionally to manage strategic sourcing, production and product development for innovative and performance-driven products
in the men’s and women’s grooming market. The team is focused on sourcing the best suppliers and creating optimal supply chains to advance both the Harry’s direct-to-consumer business and retail channels we’ve partnered with across North America and Europe.
About the Role
As a member of the Global Sourcing team, you will have the opportunity to visit suppliers from around the globe and own strategic sourcing, supplier relationships and production strategy. Specifically, as a member of our Soft Products team, you will own the end-to-end supply chain for specific verticals while driving strategy as we scale our business.
You will work cross-functionally with teams in New York, UK and China – including Marketing, R&D, Quality, Packaging Development, Retail, Distribution, Sales & Operations, Planning, Finance and other functions to sustain programs, lead product launches and set optimal supply chains that allow our brands to flourish.
What you will accomplish:
- As a valued member of the Soft Products team at Harry’s, you will be responsible for overseeing new product introductions (NPI), sustaining ops programs, mitigating risk, ensuring supply and driving continuous improvement projects
- Accountable for the success of programs from start to finish, including RFQs, to include the supplier selection strategy for components, assembly, and fill
- Set the global supplier strategy to support the company’s extensive portfolio expansion and roadmap
- Lead cross-functional projects and routinely present metrics, recommendations and operational considerations to the senior team to inform the company’s strategy for product launches
- Lead global negotiations with current and future suppliers to support our business objectives; including cost, contracts, escalation, etc.
This should describe you:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Supply Chain or related field
- 3-5 years of professional experience in an analytical, data-driven supply chain role, preferably with a background in operations
- Deep exposure to the development and mass production of soft products (or other CPG products) at significant scale; preferably global
- Outstanding communication (written and verbal). Values relationships and cross-functional team work.
- Ability to rapidly learn packaging technologies and filling processes; technical expertise not required but your curiosity drives you to know more
- Ability to collaborate effectively to drive cross-functional consensus
- Ability to prioritize in a high paced demanding (but fun) environment
- Strong negotiator who understands multiple techniques and practices
- A self-starter with an ability to excel in a dynamic, ever-changing environment and to switch gears as required
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, your suppliers and the world around you
- You are open to travel to meet with suppliers and see manufacturing sites first hand; including domestic and international
- You appreciate a great result and celebrate accordingly, but you also recognize a failure and take pride in learning from it
- You make decisions that put the customer first
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting to Sr. Manager of Global Sourcing, Soft Products
- Working on the Global Sourcing team, including Hard Products, Packaging, ISM, and Indirect Spend
- Cross-functional collaboration with Brand, Strategy, R&D, Quality, Packaging Development, Retail, Distribution, Sales & Operations, Planning, Finance
- External partners (component suppliers, label suppliers, raw material suppliers and contract manufacturers)
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.