Merchandising Manager, Soft Goods at Casper
Casper is looking for an experienced Merchandising Manager or Product Manager to lead the soft goods for Casper, with responsibility for the entire product line, from conception to performance in market. Our ideal candidate will have experience in soft goods and an exceptional taste level to create products that outfit and enhance the internet’s favorite sleep product.
Casper (casper.com) was created to re-imagine sleep from the ground up, beginning with its obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress. All of Casper’s sleep products — including its pillow, bedding, and furniture — are developed in-house by the company’s award-winning R&D team in San Francisco. Casper was named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in the World and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do...
- Own Soft Goods line, including sheeting, blankets, quilts, dec home and other key lines including product selection, development, and go-to-market strategy
- Set and achieve key category metrics
- Write, socialize, and evolve category strategies to optimize top line growth, profitability, and brand progression and growth
- Write, present, and evolve product briefs for category
- Own launch cadence and coordination for category in collaboration with launch program manager, marketing and channels
- Direct product development and selection efforts for each product line. Collaborate closely with the product development team to find products, determine best pricing and delivery dates. This role will collaborate with design and development teams both internal and external to Casper, and will own the product strategy for soft goods lines at Casper. This will include traveling to markets to select product and working directly with vendors
- Report out on and react to category selling across channels
- Drive business, collaborating cross-functionally to ensure buy-in and appropriate execution
- 4-6 years of ecommerce, corporate retail, or management consulting experience preferred. Soft goods or home goods experience required
- A natural product person with a strong eye for product and great taste level.
- Articulate and persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal
- Cross functional team player
- Analytical skills that allow developing high IMU products with clarity of channel opportunity
- An ability to hit the ground running – a confident, entrepreneurial self-starter. Able to manage and prioritize projects, and to delegate tasks appropriately
- Innovative problem-solver – dissect and determine root causes of problems, and implement solutions. Has a track record of taking on big challenges and delivering despite obstacles and limited resources
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...)..
- Wellness programs like cash incentives for tracking sleep and fitness, credits for your favorite studios and in-office activities
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Catered lunches twice a week to give you time to catch up with your teammate
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- A full gifted bed set when you join and product discounts for friends and family!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you!