Join the Ocrolus rocket ship!
Ocrolus is the leading intelligent automation platform that helps customers make faster and more accurate decisions. Ocrolus transforms documents into digital data and analytics within minutes. That’s why partners like PayPal, Plaid, and Square work with us. Ocrolus has raised over $100 million in venture capital, backed by Oak HC/FT, FinTech Collective, Bullpen Capital, and QED Investors, among others.
Ocrolus is aggressively expanding its mortgage product and solutions offering. Given the complexity of mortgage, the diversity of client needs, and the scale of our ambition, we want to bring aboard someone with expertise in the details of the mortgage origination process--more specifically, someone who understands the nuances of mortgage underwriting, borrower types, and mortgage technology. The mission for this role is to serve as a nexus for expertise within our product development, analytics, and implementation teams, the result of which will be a high-quality product with predictable behavior and accelerated implementation with satisfied clients. This requires proven experience in mortgage underwriting, specifically around income calculation.
What you’ll do:
- Serving as a subject matter expert for all things mortgage, and liaising between our mortgage and product teams.
- Working with our product and engineering teams to assist with the creation of detailed specifications and requirements documents regarding Ocrolus’ products, including, but not limited to, income calculation and other analytics.
- Assisting with the development of test criteria and the performance of quality assurance efforts regarding our products. Serving as the arbiter of quality for this product area.
- Providing the perspective of a seasoned underwriter in the automation of mortgage use cases, and articulating the perspective of the various end-users of Ocrolus technology.
- Working with clients to understand their specific use cases (and how those use cases fit into Ocrolus’ product framework), gathering requirements, and facilitating implementation.
- Working with our product team to develop capabilities to facilitate the creation of other mortgage analytic tools that leverage the high-quality mortgage data Ocrolus extracts from mortgage documents.
- Ensuring all mortgage-related calculations in the Ocrolus API and product are extensively and accurately documented.
Who you are:
- Robust understanding of the mortgage underwriting process, including underwriting requirements and documentation. At least 3 years of recent processing and/or underwriting experience--Conventional, FHA, VA, and/or non-QM experience required.
- 2+ years working with Encompass software (and preferably other LOS platforms).
- Understands mortgage underwriting guidelines and has a strong capability around properly calculating borrower income and assets
- Work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to discern between customer requirements and industry best practices to better inform our processes and product.
- Teach, support, and guide a team of other mortgage-focused team members.
- 5-7 years of overall work experience preferred.
- Role will report to the VP, Mortgage Strategy.
Life at Ocrolus
Come build the future of fintech with us. At Ocrolus, you will work with extraordinary people and receive benefits and development opportunities to empower you in and out of the office.
Ocrolus employees enjoy flexible working hours, unlimited PTO, Appreciation holidays (last Friday of the month off), an inclusive work environment (D&I Council), and monthly wellness reimbursement for physical and mental well-being.
We take pride in our dynamic, diverse team, unified by shared values of Ownership, Optimism, Objectivity, Humility, Urgency, and Appreciation. We love what we do and the people we do it with, which is why we welcome every individual, provide them with equal opportunity irrespective of their race, gender, gender identity, age, disability, national origin or any other legally protected rights that one has.
Launch your own Ocrolus experience today!
We look forward to hearing from you!