People Analytics Product Manager (JR101579) at Better
Founded in 2016, Better is a digital-first homeownership company whose services included mortgage, real estate, title, and homeowners insurance. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- From its founding in 2016 through 2020, Better funded $30.9B in home loans and provided over $7B in cumulative coverage through Better Cover and Better Settlement Services, the insurance divisions of Better
- Ranked #1 on LinkedIn’s Top Startups List for 2020 and 2021
- Ranked #2 on Fortune's Best Companies for Millenials 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces for Women 2021
- People Magazine Companies that Care 2021
- Inc Magazine's Best Workplaces 2021
- Top Women Originators 2021
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- Better has raised over $400M in equity capital since inception
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each person’s perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it’s important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
Better is a family of companies. Better Mortgage Corporation provides home loans; Better Real Estate, LLC provides real estate services; Better Cover, LLC provides homeowners insurance policies; and Better Settlement Services provides title insurance services.
A Better opportunity
As the Analytics Product Manager on the People Analytics team, you will play a meaningful role in building our People Analytics tools and processes from the ground up. We are looking for an experienced individual who can work with stakeholders across the people and talent functions to understand, craft and drive the implementation of analytics solutions needed to drive decisions and optimize processes. In addition to visualizing home grown solutions, this person will serve as the product owner for third-party analytics and reporting tools that are both stand alone as well as internal to people systems.
- Engage with partners from individual contributors up to C-suite to understand critical initiatives, business processes, workflows, and systems across all people functions (Talent Acquisition, HR, Total Rewards, Learning & Development, Diversity Equity & Inclusion, etc)
- Champion and hold process owners accountable to the definition and creation of key processes, standards, and infrastructure that will be vital to enable the Analytics team to produce effective and reliable solutions
- Own an understanding of stakeholder goals, key performance metrics and other needs related to analytics and data-driven decisions
- Research and design solutions to meet the needs of the organization and provide recommendations around build vs buy options
- Define and own roadmaps for the implementation of analytics tools and solutions
- Analysis to derive insights and build data-driven decisions that advise Better’s People Strategy
- Lead continuous improvement by identifying and remediating gaps, seeking opportunities for improvements and automation
- Being able to go deep into both technical huddles with analysts and engineers and strategic discussions with executives
- Managing competing priorities with consistency and transparency
- Maintain documentation, knowledge management, and training necessary to support and drive customer engagement
- Demonstrated ability working on data and analytics products as a product manager, or as an analyst or data engineer with some product management experience
- Experience and proven track record using data to uncover insights that drive action and communicating analyses to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Consistent record of crafting roadmaps and managing cross-functionally projects end-to-end
- Experience working across various levels of an organization, while building trust and fostering collaboration
- Comfortable working autonomously in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of and a passion for data visualization and business intelligence
Bonus points for:
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical or analytical field
- Experience working with HR/organizational people data and processes (e.g. headcount, turnover, recruiting metrics, and other people analytics)
- Experience in HR analytics using HR systems and tools such as Workday, Greenhouse, Salesforce etc.
- Technical skills and capabilities in excel, query languages (SQL), and/or data visualization tools (Looker, Tableau, Power BI, etc)
Better is requiring all US employees to be fully vaccinated in order to go into the office. Our priority is first and foremost the safety of our employees and we require COVID-19 vaccination to help ensure their safety in the workplace. Please note that Better will offer a reasonable accommodation process for employees who are not vaccinated for medical or religious reasons.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected]. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
California Consumer Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), Better is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants or prospective talent (together "job applicants") about the categories of personal information we collect about you and the purposes for which we will use this information. The notice contains disclosures required by the CCPA and applies only to personal information that is subject to the CCPA.