Platform Product Director at Harry's
At Harrys, the platform team owns the products and services that support our business across business lines. It’s a combination of functional experts and technologists who work together with our brand teams to drive business results while delivering delightful and seamless experiences to our customers.
As the Platform Product Director, you will play a critical role as we expand our business into new consumer-facing brands that utilize a common technology platform. This platform will deliver delightful and seamless experiences to our end-users while enabling efficient and effective business operations. You will work with our General Managers (GMs), business leads, operations teams, and engineering teams to launch and evolve new business lines or geographic expansion. You will help improve internal tools, and develop new technological infrastructure that supports our vision of launching multiple distinct, innovative consumer brands across the world. You have a passion for bringing people together to drive tangible impact in your next career opportunity.
What you will own:
- Lead a cross-functional software development team focused on clearly defined objectives
- Collect inputs, facilitate collaboration and creative problem solving
- Converge ideas into development plans and own final decisions
- Develop and evolve a process that fits the team
- Manage product backlogs across multiple products with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Transform long-term company strategy into concrete product roadmaps
- Develop clear plans for teams via specifications and timelines
- Provide simple and consistent feedback to the broader organization
- Respond to feedback and negotiate trade-offs where necessary
- Research product domain to build successful products
- Leverage analytics, experiments, data and research to inform product direction
- Learn and understand our web technology and tech-stack to simplify our products, making trade-offs against complexity
- Learn about our customers, our brands, and our business to capitalize on opportunities
- Deliver product regularly to customers
- Always be shipping – the best insights come from learning from real customers
- Make time for strategic thinking, you spend time working on the most valuable things
Who you are:
- You think and act like an owner, taking personal responsibility for both team and product success
- You are a strategic thinker. You understand the broader company strategy and can translate that into a product strategy that keeps everyone moving in the right direction.
- You are value-obsessed and can prioritize initiatives that drive business value in ambiguous problem areas
- You work well with people. You thrive in collaborative agile teams and are ready to take on new and unexpected challenges while building the next wave of engineering solutions.
- You are technically literate. You understand your medium and can work productively with engineers to create solutions appropriate to the problem you’re trying to solve.
- You’re a good storyteller and is comfortable organizing your thoughts and findings. You can prepare that information and share with others.
- You’re curious and a life-long learner. You are confident in what you know, but stay objective based on learnings. You can admit what you don’t know and are excited to continue to grow.
- 10 years’ experience, 5+ years as a Product Manager or Technical Program Manager in a consumer technology or e-commerce company
- Experience defining requirements and managing backlogs for agile teams working on API-based products
- Keen aptitude for thinking strategically and crafting a compelling vision
- Ability to synthesize inputs from diverse groups of stakeholders into a coherent roadmap
- Strong communicator (verbal and written), from executive-level to IC-level
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.