Principal Product Manager - Customer Engagement at Policygenius
Principal Product Manager – Customer Engagement
About the role...
On the Policygenius Product team, we're focused on building out a world-class product organization; we hire the best and brightest, give people as much ownership as they can handle, and push ourselves to experiment quickly to first validate and then scale. We believe in outcomes over output. We’re mindful that true autonomy stems from the product team leading with context and empowering their teams to find creative solutions.
We’re looking for an experienced product manager to own, execute, and scale our customer engagement efforts. Success for this role looks like generating millions in revenue in a scalable fashion – while user engagement is often a leading indicator of success, you will ultimately own revenue targets across cross-sell, up-sell and, re-engagement. You’ll have full ownership of the strategic approach and roadmap, and be responsible for driving execution to achieve objectives.
To be effective, you must be an expert communicator and connector. You will live in the convergence of product, marketing, and operations and have access to resources across. You will need to partner and influence within the product organization to demonstrate how others might plug into your strategy. You will need to lean into your network to help speed up learnings. This role is a true s-curve discovery position – we’re open to testing new, complimentary products for cross-sell that might not exist in our portfolio today.
In this role, you will…
- Invest in understanding our business objectives across the entire portfolio of products – seek first to understand our user personas, needs, and obstacles
- Create and own a vision for customer engagement that’s easy to understand and empowers others to contribute and or raise flags
- Translate vision into OKRs to help track progress, measure impact, and create accountability across teams and stakeholders
- Partner and build trust with other senior leaders across the company to help execute against your OKRs – especially within product, marketing, and operations
- Drive the product development process for your product from discovery to launch to impact analysis, collaborating with many teams along the way
- Use data to discover and justify investments as well as to analyze their impact
- Be a positive contributor to the Product team at large, e.g., help foster an environment of continuous learning, mentor team members, and identify opportunities to improve our motion
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have 5+ years experience building products with clear, demonstrable results, preferably with a B2C and or growth focus
- You have a strong track record of dealing with complex systems and building products in a way that supports scaling
- You have a strong understanding of current product best-practice and opinions on where product is going next
- You have a solid design and technical understanding, such that you can engage with your counterparts in a collaborative and productive manner
- You have a strong analytical orientation; a focus on data driven analytics and the ability to measure success
- You are an excellent communicator and cross-functional collaborator
- You have a STEM undergraduate and/or master’s degree (preferred)
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. We launched in 2014 and made our mark as an early insurtech pioneer. Our mission is to help people get financial protection right — and feel good about it — and we make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. We’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance like they shop for everything else — online — and have placed over $60 billion in coverage. In early 2020, we announced our Series D funding round of $100 million, bringing our total funding to just over $150 million.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" three years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!