Principal Product Manager at Howl (Greater NYC Area, NY or Remote)
Howl is the creator platform for social commerce. We build tools for brands and creators to sell more products across every social platform, together.
In the last 10 years, the $20bn influencer ecommerce market has become a critical part of the retail industry. It has evolved into social commerce, a new $1.2 trillion market opportunity (link) requiring new tools, protocols, and technologies.
Howl enables creators and brands to run experiments on what products to talk about and how best to talk about them. Paired with data delivered at the speed of social, creator financing for products, and feedback loops delivered in a beautifully designed platform, Howl takes the guesswork out of selling products on social platforms.
Howl’s mission is to reduce barriers for creators and brands to build social commerce businesses. We are a remote-first company with a diverse team that reflects our vision. Our beta launched in mid 2022 and powers social commerce for creators and brands across beauty, gaming, home, fashion, and consumer electronics for both industry leaders like Best Buy, Samsung, Target and cult favorites like Cariuma, Kosas, and Youth to the People. We are a Series A company backed by investors including HighlandX and NEA.
For more information, visit www.planethowl.com.
About the Role
We are looking for a Principal Product Manager to help build our social commerce platform. We follow the empowered PM model, and are seeking senior talent that has worked in fast paced environments.
What You’ll Do & How You’ll Make an Impact
- Understand the needs of Creators, Brands, and Retailers, and build products that will help them connect and collaborate in our social commerce marketplace..
- Bring together creativity, user empathy, an analytical mindset, and a focus on execution that can change the trajectory of our platform and product team.
- Help us reimagine how Brands and Retailers work with Creators by building an engaging user experience to connect them.
- Build collaboration tools on the platform for Creators to understand the needs of Marketers, and for Marketers to get more done with Creators.
- Develop a deep understanding of our data assets and use those in the product to identify and recommend the right opportunities for our customers.
- Manage release of ~3 features per quarter (own writing requirements, release plans, go to market strategy etc.)
- Work flawlessly with x-fn stakeholders across Eng, Design, Senior Execs
- Own Clear product adoption & revenue goals
What You’ll Bring
- Track record of success: Has built an end-to-end experience that people currently use and generates revenue.
- Product sense: Can think big while getting stuff done. Has curiosity when knowledge is incomplete.
- Backbone / building trust: Has a point of view, is willing to share it, has ability to persuade, is willing to disagree and commit.
- Adaptability: Has worked in a fast-paced environment — bringing well-worn frameworks to the table and the confidence to break from them when necessary.
- Grit and growth mentality: Has the drive to push through tough situations and the maturity to learn from mistakes.
- Insists on the highest standards: Sets and enforces a high bar for those around them. They act on behalf of the entire company, not just their own team or themselves.
- Structured thinking and communication: Able to walk people through complex decisions, both verbally and in writing.
- Baseline: Proven product experience. Knowledge of lean development processes.
Important Notice: Howl is a fully remote organization!
Howl is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.