Product Analyst at Vestwell
Who are we?
Vestwell believes that all Americans should have easy access to a retirement account which is why we’ve created a digital platform that makes it simpler to offer and administer 401(k) plans. By combining the expertise of an advisor with the sophistication of a technology provider, we’ve modernized the retirement offering while removing traditional friction points. As a result, advisors get an easy button for expanding their business, employers get a cost effective solution without the administrative burden, and employees get a user friendly portal that helps them achieve their long term saving goals.
With backing from leading Fintech and Finserv investors, as well as a growing team of dedicated professionals of strong industry pedigree, Vestwell is at the forefront of change in the $11 trillion 401(k) market. Our team believes in the mission we’ve set out to achieve and we’re working hard to get there. We’re ambitious, honest, thoughtful, and fun. Oh, and we’re really good at ping pong.
Who are we looking for?
We are on the hunt for a dynamic, organized and driven individual to join our team as a Product Analyst within the Product Development group. The Product Development group is responsible for defining the product roadmap, crafting business and functional requirements and driving the development and delivery process for enhancements and upgrades to the Vestwell platform. The Product Analyst will focus on the coordination of the delivery of product enhancements from the requirements phase through user acceptance and production support. To accomplish this, the candidate must have a deep understanding of client and market needs and the ability to communicate with internal and external Development, Business and QA teams. The position requires the ability to balance client expectations, drive and coordinate resources to meet tight timelines, and keep the project scope in alignment with the overall platform vision.
What will you be doing at Vestwell?
- Work directly with clients, subject matter experts, development, QA and senior management to define test plans for both Quality Assurance and Business resources
- Conduct user testing to ensure satisfaction of development requirements, including providing formal sign-off of all enhancements prior to production releases
- Provide support to clients during User Acceptance Testing as part of onboarding process and subsequent product upgrades
- Work with on and off-shore team members to explain and document requirements
- Participate in Product design process and provide feedback on product requirements and applicable business use cases
- Provide guidance to Production Support team for issue investigation and resolution
- Assist in the coordination of release and patch processes including the alignment of development, QA and system admin resources
- 1-5 years of experience as a business or data analyst
- Ability to thoroughly understand business requirements, define solutions, and specify functional
requirements for use by the software development team
- Testing/configuration experience, basic understanding of database structure and SQL
- Experience with integrations via APIs, OAuth, JSON, XML and other communication methods
- Ability to work in a fast paced, project-oriented environment and meet deadlines under tight time
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university
- Early stage startup and/or Financial Services experience
We’re an early stage startup with lots of exciting milestones ahead. We value health and wellness at Vestwell and, as such, offer competitive health coverage, an open vacation policy, cappuccino & healthy snacks, and a bright, comfortable office with lots of workspace options so you can be comfortable and as productive as possible. And naturally we have a great 401(k) plan!