Our mission at Talkspace is to make therapy affordable and accessible to everyone. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Help over one million people feel better.
We are looking for a Data Scientist, Product Analytics to join our Data Science team in our NYC Headquarters, ideally someone who identifies as a numbers person, cares about using data to drive critical business decisions, and wants to bring their talents into a “for purpose” space. The person filling this role will join a growing team of data scientists responsible for analyzing all aspects of Talkspace’s data to understand customer engagement, therapist quality of service, and clinical outcomes and developing data-driven product features that support improved behavioral health outcomes. As a Data Scientist at Talkspace focused on Product Analytics, you will work closely with product leaders, engineers, clinical operations and quality and customer service teams, and your data-driven insights will directly influence the development and success of our product.
Who you are
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment.
- You are passionate about data and can communicate effectively with both data scientists, product managers, clinicians and executives to discuss requirements, design, and expectations.
- You are excited about learning new tools/approaches that aren’t already a part of your toolkit.
- You can work independently and manage a list of priorities.
- You enjoy experimenting to try out new ideas.
- You value teamwork, innovation, execution, and kindness.
What you’ll do
- Apply the tools of exploratory data analysis and statistical inference and modeling to understand user behavior trends and improve our product (e.g., A/B experiment design & analysis, customer and therapist feature usage)
- Collaborate with data & engineering teams to ensure that we are instrumenting the right data and that our data model design supports our analytics needs
- Work with teams throughout Talkspace on how to frame and scope analyses, leverage our data and tooling most effectively, and apply analytics best practices
- Communicate results effectively at all levels of the organization and ensure all stakeholders understand implications and recommendations from your analysis
What you’ll need to be successful
- Significant professional experience working with data (2+ years)
- Strong working knowledge of SQL
- Strong data intuition (you have a good nose for identifying and interpreting trends and anomalies in our data and can prioritize and execute an efficient data deep dive)
- Experience conducting exploratory data analysis, statistical inference and building predictive models in a business environment
- Excellent communication and ability to collaborate with cross-functional teammates with a wide range of analytical backgrounds
- Curiosity combined with business thought leadership and strategic thinking: your analyses are oriented around driving impact and value
- Strong Python skills, with experience conducting analyses using both Jupyter notebooks and Python scripting
- Enthusiasm for conducting reproducible analysis (you believe in code review, version control and documentation and have experience working collaboratively using Git)
- Strong attention to detail and great passion for data integrity
Because we are on a mission to make the world a better place. Our focus to help people feel happy starts at Talkspace, where we connect, collaborate, and have fun. Monthly team outings, happy hours, in-house family-style lunches, office snacks, unlimited PTO, access to Talkspace products, ping pong table, and competitive benefits are just some of the ways we make Talkspace a great place to work. Do you want to save the world? Come join us!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Talkspace is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.