SmartAsset is an award-winning financial technology company pursuing the singular mission of empowering people to make smart financial decisions. Recently named one of Y Combinator's Top 100 companies of all time, we have raised more than $50 million in venture capital. Our personal finance tools, calculators and content reach more than 45 million people each month.
We’ve been featured in hundreds of publications including The Wall Street Journal, CNN, Mashable, TechCrunch, The New York Times, The Washington Post, US News & World Report, TIME, Reuters, Businessweek, Barron’s and many more.
- We are looking for an exceptional Product Analyst to join our team and help build the next generation of financial products. SmartAsset harnesses the power of our financial modeling technology to provide accurate, interactive answers to important personal finance questions—and that's where you come in.
- An ideal candidate will have a passion for user experience and using data and analytics to make decisions.
- A successful Product Analyst is self-sufficient, resourceful, a team player and an innovative, data-driven problem solver. You will be an integral member of the Product Team, where you will be responsible for developing new products and helping us drive our existing products to even higher levels of performance!
- You will help people by finding solutions to personal finance challenges in Home Ownership, Investing, Taxes, Financing Student loans and Retirement Planning, among others. We will also invest time in your continued growth and provide ample opportunity for full product ownership.
- Know your customer – Research, analyze data, and talk to your customer. Be the biggest advocate for your User’s needs.
- Drive a strategic vision – Manage multiple projects aimed at developing products that deliver the highest standards in online finance advice to our customers.
- Manage complexity – Manage requirements documentation and maintain the details of multiple complex projects without losing focus of the big picture.
- Lead the charge – Work closely with implementation teams, define scope and prioritize features for product development.
- Own your products - Drive the product development process from start to finish with a focus on building the best possible products through improvement through iteration and optimization.
Required Skills and Experience:
- You have a passion for delivering complex (ideally B2C) products.
- You are an exceptional communicator. You can explain complex concepts in simple terms and know how to build consensus around ideas.
- You have a passion for innovative and experience-focused products. You understand the importance of prioritizing for user experience and have a keen sense for intuitive, simple products that make Users happy.
- You have a strong understanding of math and financial services. You have an interest in investing and personal finance.
- You have strong analytical skills and the ability to dig deep into complex data sets.
- You are a problem solver. You know how to identify the right sources of information, and leverage data to make informed decisions around complex problems.
- Virtual happy hours and team social activities
- Generous benefits package with cost of some medical and dental plans covered at 100%
- 401(k) plan with match that immediately vests
- Professional education reimbursement program
- Paid Parental Leave