Peloton is seeking a Product Analyst to support the innovation, iteration, and optimization of our engagement products, focussed on Connected Fitness and TV apps’ user experience. The Product Analyst will work with Product Managers to better understand how users are interacting with Peloton products and to inform and evaluate new products, features, and experiences developed by the Product Team.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Own analytics within several product development work streams from KPI definition and data instrumentation design to ongoing reporting, deep-dive and generative research
- Develop a deep understanding of user personas, fitness routines, and app usage patterns across variety of Peloton TV apps
- Partner with product managers, product analysts, as well as user researchers and business/brand strategists on research & development efforts related to software and hardware improvements
- Collaborate with engineering, QA, and member support teams on defining actionable metrics addressing the quality of user experience and establishing ongoing reporting thereof
- Work in a lean and agile way, focusing on stakeholder desired outcomes over granular tasks and continuously assessing tradeoffs between precision and actionability
- Have 3+ years of overall experience in an analytics capacity with a focus on problem solving and providing actionable insights; some experience conducting analysis with a product/UX focus is desirable
- Are confident and hands-on when it comes to data wrangling skills and handling large datasets: can use SQL for data extraction (including complex joins, CTE, query optimization), have a general understanding of Python syntax required for data cleaning and exploratory analysis (e.g. pandas, numpy)
- Know statistical concepts used in exploratory data analysis and have a strong understanding of experiment assessment, trend and correlation identification techniques
- Have proven experience defining and owning project success metrics/KPIs
- Are comfortable owning your project timelines, prioritizing tasks with user and business impact in mind, assessing speed/precision tradeoffs, and proactively communicating project statuses to stakeholders and teammates
- Have a passion for data storytelling via decks and dashboards and a proven ability to efficiently relay your insights to non-technical audiences and senior leadership
- Work well collaboratively, both in a cross-functional context - with product managers, program managers, user researchers, designers, engineers - and as a part of joint research projects with Product Analytics teammates
- Are curious: ask good questions, are always excited to learn new methods, approaches and perspectives, and are eager to investigate interesting trends in the data
AS A BONUS:
- Previous experience working on a product analytics team for a B2C software or software+hardware product
- Strong understanding of event-based data collection and related technical concepts (e.g. SDK, device vs. cloud mode, schema management) and tools (e.g. Segment)
- Experience with product analytics SaaS tools (e.g. Amplitude, Mixpanel, Pendo, etc.)
- Understanding of adjacent quantitative and qualitative research methods and techniques (e.g. usability testing, concept testing, market sizing etc.)
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.