Greater NYC Area
Teachable is looking for a Product Analyst to provide a 360° view of the organization via qualitative and quantitative data, and guide the company to better understand our customers’ behaviors and motivations.
- Tools & Processes:
- Synthesis & Communication:
Experience conducting and integrating user research into product designs and design practices as well as delivering actionable quantitative customer insights;
Have a deep understanding of behavioural and attitudinal data and research methodologies, including when and how to apply quantitative vs. qualitative research during the product development process.
Proficient in: Spreadsheets, Data query tools / languages (eg. SQL, Python, R etc), Looker (or equivalent, like Sisense, Tableau etc)
Experience with some of the following tools: Mixpanel, Google Analytics, Clubhouse, Quickbooks.
Have created deliverables such as presentation slide decks, persona documents, and journey maps.
Are able to distill complex issues into thoughtful, actionable insights, with supporting rationale behind decisions
- Can challenge assumptions to ensure that we’re solving the right problems
- Thoughtful in the questions you ask, passionate about unpacking and framing problems and have experience in applying a range of qualitative research methods that yield actionable insights
- Believe research and customer insights should drive the strategic roadmap for a product
- Have successfully led user research projects with demonstrated impact using a broad tool set of research techniques
- Able to bring clarity to ambiguous problems and articulate behavioral patterns
- Possess a good intuition for recognizing opportunities to distill broad questions into concrete, data-driven analyses
- Can communicate complex (often technical) information to various audiences, including executives
- Experience leveraging complex datasets
- Driven to make a big impact on the product and the wider business
- Conduct independent research on multiple aspects of our product and experiences
- Collect and analyze user behavior through lab studies, field visits, ethnography, surveys, benchmark studies, and product data
- Plan and execute the end-to-end research process: research to data synthesis to insights
- Guide research influenced by business requirements
- Collaborate with coworkers to utilize data from available sources
- Advocate for best practices for data collection throughout the organization to ensure uniformity
- Prepare detailed reports for internal operational views within the department and across the organization
- Assist in creating quantitative models to illustrate the long-term effects of strategic decisions
- Support the VP of Product with recommendations and insights
- This role is perfect for someone looking to make a transition in their careers: They could be a UX Researcher wanting to move into Product or even a Business Analyst at a VC fund / business consulting co wanting to become a startup founder.
- This role could even be a great fit for an appropriate fresh grad. There are plenty of cross-functional college programs out there that would provide great fits: arts+economics, behavioral economics, certain computer science tracks (human/computer interaction) etc.
- There are also other great academic backgrounds this would be well suited for: social sciences, research labs for specific sciences etc.
Teachable is an instructor-focused online course platform that lets course creators build and sell courses on any topic, from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Our thousands of instructors have earned more than $300M to date, and we've raised $12.5m+ from a group of top venture investors. We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent in NYC.
At Teachable, you will have the freedom to do your job and be an integral member of our tight-knit team, and you can do it all in our beautiful office in Flatiron with great benefits and perks. You’ll also get access to an ever-growing base of online educators, and your work will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. If you're on the fence about applying, please do! Additionally, Teachable is an equal opportunity employer. This means we are committed to a fair and consistent interview process, and to constantly working to ensure an inclusive work environment.
Finally, please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. We'd do this anyway, but federal law requires us to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Read Full Job Description