Health care is big and complicated. At Oscar, we have the privileged position of touching many parts of the system and getting access to the associated data. You'll work alongside data scientists, product managers, engineers, and designers to extract insights from our data and drive the development of our member-facing website and apps.
- Measure the impact of feature changes and use data to inform the product roadmap
- Build dashboards to track engagement and usage trends
- Design effective experiments and analyze results of A/B tests
- Create well-structured datasets that empower analysis by users across the company
- Combine data with survey results and user research to uncover patterns/trends in behavior
- Help define and instrument team-level goals and metrics
- Outstanding structured and critical thinking
- A passion for understanding complex issues with a data driven approach
- A technical bent and the ability to use or to learn to use tools to answer your own questions (e.g. Excel/SQL/Python)
- A solid grasp of basic statistics (experimentation, probabilities, regression)
- Be someone that gets things done
- Enjoy experimenting and iterating on different ways to solve a problem
- Translate open-ended questions into concrete implementation approach
- Collaborative and outcome-oriented
- Distill and communicate complex analytics results to technical and non-technical audiences
- Translate analysis into clear recommendations that drive business outcomes
- Above all, be thoughtful and humble
The following will be helpful, but are not essential…
- 1+ years of analyst experience
- A proven track record in performing data driven analytical work for product / tech teams
- Background in health care, health economics, health policy, or computer science
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.