Product Compliance Manager
Latch is hiring a Product Compliance Manager to direct product requirements and development efforts to ensure compliance with applicable local, national, and international regulations and standards. This requires a candidate that has a strong background in these areas combined with a passion for creating a unified strategy out of a multitude of dynamic and isolated regulations. This is a highly cross-functional position, working with in-house and outside legal, product, engineering, supply chain, program, and operations teams to ensure the successful delivery of new hardware and commissioning of new jobs. The ideal candidate will have significant knowledge of building, fire, electrical, mechanical, accessibility, and environmental codes and regulations that apply to access control products and experience, managing in-house and third-party laboratory testing of such products to ensure compliance with applicable standards in the US and abroad.
Smart access isn't about locking doors, it's about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the world's first fully integrated hardware and software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. We're looking for the curious and the creative to join our team and help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
- Managing compliance with building, fire, electrical, mechanical, accessibility, and environmental codes and regulations for Latch’s new and existing products.
- Managing internal and third-party testing of Latch’s new and existing products to meet applicable codes and regulations.
- Working closely with product, engineering, and program teams during product development to determine applicable codes and regulations and ensure compliance with those codes and regulations prior to product launch.
- Retaining and managing external product compliance experts.
- Working closely with the operations team to ensure that Latch products are installed in accordance with applicable codes and regulations.
- Meeting with Latch customers and authorized installers to resolve issues and disputes related to building and fire code compliance during installation.
- Meeting with relevant building and fire code organizations, such as the ICC, to resolve issues and obtain compliance opinions.
- A degree in Engineering, Architecture, or Law and 10+ years of experience managing access control product compliance with applicable national and international building and fire codes.
- Thorough knowledge of and experience analyzing building codes and fire codes (IBC, UL) and other regulations (such as the ADA) applicable to access control device.
- Significant experience with standards and certifications relevant to access control devices, such as ANSI/BHMA, UL (94, 294, 746c, 60950, etc.), FCC, and IEC standards.
- Experience with trade compliance preferred.
- Strong project management and quantitative skills; highly process-oriented.
- Excellent time and task management skills.
- Ability to function successfully both independently and cross functionally.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills - ability to communicate at multiple organizational levels.
- Tactful, ability to work well with various functions and levels.
Founded in 2014, Latch is a venture-backed, high-growth organization that's on a mission to change the way people open, manage, and share their spaces. Today, 1 in 10 new developments in the U.S. depend on our full-building smart access solution to meet the needs of residents and property managers.
We are a team of just over 200 employees, all of whom are passionate self starters with unique backgrounds and unexpected stories. We offer unlimited time off, a competitive health package, and the opportunity to work in a creative, dynamic, and fast-paced office environment. We are located just a quick walk from both Hudson Yards and Penn Station in New York City.
Applicant Privacy Notice