Who we are:
Cityblock Health is a new type of healthcare company, operating out of Brooklyn and backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs, along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to radically improve the health of urban communities, one block at a time. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we bring the capability to deliver care in the home and neighborhood with our field-based teams.
In close collaboration with community based organizations and a leading commercial partner, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. We deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services through a network of neighborhood hubs with deep community-based partnerships and world-class technology.
We partner with payers and at-risk providers, taking capitated financial risk to care for their most vulnerable, high and rising risk members. Additionally, we invest in strategic partnerships with community-based and social services organizations, in some instances bringing them into the value equation through sub-capitation and performance-based compensation.
Over the next year we’ll grow quickly, including entering new markets, each with their own commercial relationships and field-based teams. This role will be a key contributor to the success of our business.
Product Designers at Cityblock collaborate with engineering, business, clinical, and product teams to design and build our digital product for community care, Commons. In this role, you’ll help execute each phase of the design process—from research, synthesis, and ideation, to UX & visual design, and finally prototyping, testing, and launch. Designers serve a vital role at Cityblock, shaping high-level visions while polishing the smallest interaction details. We appreciate people who think deeply, speak clearly, and embrace collaboration and feedback. Our ideal candidate is a generalist with a passion for serving others in need and delivering complex care operations at scale. Someone who will learn and understand our users’ needs to yield insights that inform product strategy and guide the design.
- Work cross-functionally with product, clinical and engineering teams to represent the design team, facilitate design discussions, and give feedback in planning and product channels
- Evolve the design and capability set of Commons—Cityblock’s flagship community care platform—across desktop, tablet and mobile platforms
- Design and help bring to life other digital products, including enterprise-grade internal tooling for content management, decision-support, performance management, operations management and other critical functions that will need world-class experiences to support the growing scale of our business
- Design flows, prototypes, sketches, and high-fidelity visuals
- Work closely with engineering to ensure high-quality implementation and user experience
- Solicit deep feedback from our users and come up with solutions that address our users’ needs while building empathy and trust
- Facilitate user research and testing, ensuring usability and product consistency
- Work with the team to inform and improve design processes
- Demonstrate a sharp eye for detail, exceptional foundational design skills, and highly developed organizational skills
You’d be a good fit if:
- You have 3+ years of product design experience in an individual contributor role, on a product design team for desktop or mobile
- An outstanding portfolio, showcasing a foundation in typography, interaction and visual design, and ideation
- Experience in working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment
- Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions
- Validate product and design decisions using both qualitative and quantitative user research methods
- You’re entrepreneurial and team-oriented, with the flexibility to dive into ambitious projects and small tasks from one moment to the next
- Experience partnering with product managers to develop strategy and rationale for features
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Basic coding and technical fluency
Nice to have:
- Experience working in health technology
- Time spent collaborating with clinicians, social workers and/or underserved communities
- Experience designing internal tools and enterprise software
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.