Galileo is building the future of healthcare - today. Using innovative mobile technology and human-centered design, we’re looking to improve the quality and affordability of medical care for all -- including those with Medicare and Medicaid.
Based in NYC, our company is founded by a successful entrepreneur (One Medical, Epocrates), led by a top-notch team, and well-funded from some of the best investors in the country. We seek curious, talented, team-oriented individuals with a diverse set of backgrounds who ultimately want to make a difference.
What You’ll Do
Reporting to our Product Design Director, Galileo’s Product Designer will have the rare opportunity to reimagine how patients interact with healthcare. Specifically, you will:
- Develop a deep understanding of our patient’s needs—practicing empathy at every step while designing a product for users who are sick, concerned, or in pain.
- Take ownership of the end-to-end design process, choosing the right tools at the right moments for definition, ideation, and validation.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
- Work closely with engineers to evolve and expand our design system across platforms—understanding the possibilities and limitations of each.
Who You Are
- You have 4+ years of related experience at tech companies or digital agencies. Early stage startup experience is major plus.
- You have shipped many consumer-facing products over the years including native products on iOS and/or Android.
- You have a highly refined aesthetic sense and a knack for interaction. You design products that not only meet user needs, but are delightful and engaging.
- You employ a user-focused design approach. You are constantly challenging your own assumptions and crave feedback, whether through qualitative user research or quantitative testing.
- You are an effective communicator but low ego. You make space for all voices to be heard and you champion the best ideas regardless of their source.
- You are a team player who is always happy to step out of your normal role when there is a need that requires your help.
- You are organized, autonomous, and responsible. You take ownership of every detail of your work and follow through on your commitments.
- You are passionate about creating digital products that have a positive impact on the health and welfare of their users.
How We Hire
Galileo is committed to hiring the best talent from a range of backgrounds and experiences, - including but, not limited to - gender, ethnic, political, economic, religious, sexual orientation, and other personality traits. We believe in a strong culture that fosters teamwork, excellence and sound decision-making -- one that is based on mutual respect and trust. We appreciate candidates who are open and honest about what they’re looking for so we can ensure it’s a fit on both sides.