About the role
- Own design needs across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches. We’ll expect you to help identify pain points, generate ideas, help define requirements, and drive design initiatives in a fast-paced, fluid environment.
- Work with small multi-disciplinary teams. You'll partner closely with engineering, product, and business folks to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges.
- Know and love our users – understand their pain points, synthesize their feedback, and above all, be their champions.
- Day to day work includes producing wireframes and user flows, prototyping at varying levels of fidelity, and helping gather user feedback.
- Help develop and define Transfix’s design sensibilities, methodologies, and culture.
- Contribute to product team growth, vision, and strategy.
- 2+ years at design-driven technology companies, startups or agencies.
- You have solid design chops. You’ve shipped products, and understand what it takes to create valuable, user-centered experiences.
- Strong conceptual thinker with an ability to understand user’s needs, motivations and behaviors and translate them into actionable deliverables.
- You have excellent communication skills and can break down and simplify complex problems. You are confident to present to mixed audiences at different levels of the organization.
- A proactive and collaborative designer with the ability to own design needs on a multi-disciplinary team.
- You are motivated to contribute innovative, human-centered solutions for an industry that employees 3 million truck drivers and powers the domestic economy. You have a knack for inspiring others to see opportunities for innovation as well.
- You bias for action and own your products. If you’re blocked, you find creative solutions to get around the obstacle. Your work doesn’t end when a feature ships, but rather when it’s accomplished the objectives you defined before you ever got started.
- You have an online portfolio that showcases your work. A link to your online portfolio, or a PDF, is required. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.