Haven Life is an insurtech innovator at MassMutual that offers a new way to get life insurance online that’s actually simple.
We combine the culture of a startup with the stability and backing of a Fortune 500 company to create an environment that’s truly unique.
Our diverse team is composed of smart, collaborative people who think big, execute quickly and don’t take themselves too seriously. We’re located in New York’s Flatiron District and in case you’re wondering, yes, we provide free snacks. Cold brew too.
If you’re creative, professional and kind, we’d love to hear from you.
About this role
This role will be joining the teams that create the technology to empower internal stakeholders to effectively underwrite, administrate, and support life insurance policies. As a product designer, you’ll become an integral part of a small (two-person) design team to support multiple cross-functional teams. You’ll create knowledge about our customers by conducting research and sharing your findings with the team. You’ll help our product managers decide which problems are worth solving and how to solve them. Together with the other designer on your team, you will design and iterate on thoughtful, end-to-end experiences that add real value to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing
- Conduct customer research to discover needs, collect feedback, and test usability
- Translate research findings into design recommendations
- Collaborate with product managers and other designers to define, prioritize, and solve problems
- Create low- to high- fidelity outputs (sketches, wireframes, mockups, prototypes)
- Guide software engineers as they build your designs
- Help other designers by critiquing their work
- Help the team by suggesting process improvements
- Advocate for customer needs, good design, and accessibility
- Contribute to our design system to cultivate a cohesive look, feel and experience across the internal tools
- Manage cross-functional projects and coordinate efforts across multiple teams
- 3+ years of experience designing and shipping product experience that drives business impact
- Experience conducting research, and applying findings to inform design decisions
- Expertise with creating wireframes, diagrams, interactive prototypes, and high-fidelity designs
- Having a deeply collaborative and iterative design process that includes giving, accepting and acting on feedback
- Good communication and problem-solving skills
- Self-managed, self-motivated and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously in an agile environment
- Being curious, innovative, humble, proactive and accountable
- Authorized to work for any employer in the US without sponsorship now or in the future
- Must be able to work full-time from our Manhattan office when we return to the office
- Experience working with and contributing to a design system
- Experience with data visualization/information design
- Experience facilitating design sprints/workshops
- Experience writing HTML/CSS
We have a stellar team of co-workers, a really cool office, and lots of fun activities. Oh yeah, and we pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(k).
The privacy of your personal information is important to us, click here to review our privacy notice.