Product Development Assistant at Rent the Runway
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”About the Job:
Rent the Runway’s Fashion Team is seeking an entrepreneurial Assistant, Product Development with great energy and sharp interpersonal skills. The Assistant, Product Development will support the Co-Manufacturing Teamin advancing the business while learning key processes and providing operational support. Our team is filled with passionate go-getters and is extremely collaborative - you will work with almost every team within the organization. We are in search of someone who can multitask, and has a keen desire to learn, grow and engage with our highly driven team.
What You’ll Do:
- Prepping for and participating in seasonal development, bringing insights based on customer needs, product performance, industry trends, and data analytics
- Ensure initial style is created within PLM and is updated throughout the season, including tracking sustainability metrics
- Finalize order details with Manager
- Key all POs, manage and track POs throughout the season.
- Cataloging of product attributes in a management database with emphasis on product lifetime maintenance
- Work regularly with external vendors/agents regarding the status of samples, delivery & initial costing.
- Attend fittings with manufacturers and recommend fit corrections based on our wear rate & fit analytics
- Projecting on order accurately to ensure timely delivery of merchandise through communication with merchant teams, and external vendors
- Partnering with accounts payable to identify proper pricing and terms on invoices and inventory payments
- Timely execution of weekly standard reporting, analysis and recaps by category and vendor performance highlighting business opportunities and liabilities to the entire merchandising team.
- Partner with Merchandising and Operations Team to ensure new merchandise meets durability standards and assist with inventory maintenance issues as needed
- Bachelor’s degree
- 0-1 year, related industry/internship is a plus
- Self-starter with team-player attitude who takes ownership and initiative and can excel in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Must have strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel/Word/PowerPoint) and Google Suite. Open to learning new systems.
- Strong written and verbal communicator communication
- Ability to lead by example with a high standard of professionalism, positive attitude, sophisticated sense of style and appreciation to work at Rent the Runway
- Collaborative, enthusiastic and research minded; ability to use feedback from others in a constructive way
- Results and deadline-oriented with a strong sense of follow through
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.