Product Director, Contextual Targeting
Product Director, Contextual Targeting
Founded in 2008, DoubleVerify (DV) is the leading independent provider of marketing measurement software, data and analytics that authenticates the quality and effectiveness of digital media for the world’s largest brands and media platforms. DV provides media transparency and accountability to deliver the highest level of impression quality for maximum advertising performance by bringing transparency and accountability to the market and ensuring ad viewability, brand safety, fraud protection, accurate impression delivery and audience quality across campaigns to drive performance. DV has helped hundreds of Fortune 500 companies across every major vertical, including financial services, telecom, automotive, retail, CPG, travel, luxury and pharmaceuticals gain the most value out of their media spend by delivering best-in-class solutions across the digital ecosystem. Let’s build a better industry.
The Product Director, Contextual Targeting, in this critical and highly visible role will own and deliver new product development of DoubleVerify’s next-generation Programmatic Contextual Offering. This is a high impact buy-side offering which will be leveraged by programmatic traders to deliver targeted Ads to audiences based on contextual relevance in an omni-channel environment. This role is a hands-on product leader who will own from concept to launch the technical and commercial Product Management deliverables that will advance DoubleVerify’s market leadership in Contextual Targeting. The Product Director will ideate innovative features, formulate product strategy, assess competitive landscape, collect requirements, work closely with the Engineering team, evangelize product capabilities internally and externally, and collaborate with integration partners.
This role is part of one of the fastest growing revenue verticals at DoubleVerify. Success in this role requires strategic thinking, ingenuity, the ability to lead by example, exercise indirect influence, perform insightful data analysis, collaborate in a cross functional environment and articulate complex concepts to multiple stakeholders at all levels of the organization. The ideal candidate will have in-depth understanding of the online advertising ecosystem, will have worked on Contextual Targeting or related advertising products and will have learnings from successful product launches that delivered market leading capabilities in a highly competitive environment.
- Oversee from concept to launch, the development of DoubleVerify’s next-gen Contextual Targeting offering.
- Work hand-in-hand with the engineering team to execute product vision in an agile development environment.
- Break down product vision into epics and user stories for development.
- Analyze data and industry trends to drive product strategy.
- Run competitive analyses.
- Collect customer feedback, elicit functional needs and develop into detailed requirements.
- Drive collaboration internally across multiple product and engineering teams.
- Lead QA efforts with development teams for accurate, high-quality, and timely product delivery.
- Create product documentation for internal and external customers.
- Engage with customers and non-customers to garner feedback for the development of product offerings.
- Support client services, sales, marketing and business development teams in product commercialization efforts.
- 7+ years of industry experience with 4+ years of direct product management experience.
- Past experience in Martech/Adtech with an understanding of programmatic buying via OpenRTB and familiarity with key players (DSPs, Exchanges, SSPs, Networks).
- Experience with Contextual or Brand Safety product or related technology solution in advertising.
- Successfully led new product development driving all aspects from concept to launch.
- Managed product lifecycle of revenue generating software products in a B2B setting.
- Written detailed and thoughtful PRDs and driven execution in an agile environment.
- Worked on products with intuitive and slick UI implementations, experience with wireframing is a plus.
- Exhibited operational excellence in a cross functional environment collaborating with Sales, Account Management, Marketing and Engineering.
- Technical experience with databases, SQL, system integrations, APIs.
- B.A. /B.S. or equivalent/higher level of education. B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical field is strongly preferred.
- Comprehensive Adtech knowledge across display, video, mobile and emerging channels like Audio and CTV.
- MBA or Masters degree