Product Director (Technical Product Manager) at OpenFin
At the moment, we are all working remotely. However, we have offices in London and New York, and this position can be based in either office (subject to your existing legal right to work in either jurisdiction).
OpenFin is a fast-growing financial technology company backed by the world’s largest banks and most respected Fintech VCs, including J.P. Morgan, Barclays, HSBC, Wells Fargo, Bain Capital Ventures, DRW, Nyca Partners, and Pivot Investment Partners. We are growing rapidly and looking for talented people to join our diverse team.
Our vision is to modernize and democratize app development and distribution in the finance space. We’re enabling the financial desktop to have a simple and intuitive experience that is more like our phones, and we’re enabling developers to distribute their apps to end-users without the traditional barriers that have hampered innovation in the finance space. If you’re someone who loves working with the latest technologies and passionate about changing the way people work, OpenFin is the ideal place for you to shine.
OpenFin provides an operating environment that brings a fast and intuitive app experience to the financial desktop. Built on top of Google’s Chromium and GitHub’s Electron open source projects, OpenFin combines native experience, data sharing, lightning-fast distribution, and robust security with an agile web development and deployment model to accelerate digital transformation and innovation. OpenFin is used by thousands of developers to build, deploy, and run more than 1200 mission-critical apps at more than 1500 financial institutions.
As OpenFin matures and our footprint continues to grow, we are looking for someone truly exceptional to product manage OpenFin OS. You’ll be responsible for managing the development of OpenFin OS and its APIs for windowing, notifications, workspace management, interoperability, and secure device access. This is a high impact role where you’ll be working closely with our core engineering team as well as with senior engineers and architects across the financial industry. This is a rare and exciting opportunity to have a huge impact in the industry that powers the world’s financial markets and to create technology that will help shape the future of the web.
- Own the success of OpenFin’s developer experiences for our customers, and drive our developer experience towards modern vision and fast time-to-delight.
- Manage product execution, release notes, and sprint planning.
- Conduct product research and discovery with user researchers, design, and engineering teams internally and externally.
- Guide and set our strategy, define the product roadmap, and make appropriate trade-offs between features, speed, and quality for the best customer outcomes.
- Develop and test product hypotheses, working in a lean and iterative way.
- Deliver incremental value to OpenFin’s customers by making smart, decisive tradeoffs using data-driven analyses and informed judgments.
- Work with cross-functional partners in Product Marketing and our field teams to enable successful developer experience launches.
- Partner with Engineering and Design to define specs, requirements, and acceptance criteria for on-deck deliverables.
- Create assets to guide product development work (framing documents, user story maps, opportunity canvases, epics, and collaborate with engineering on user stories and planning for implementation).
- Cultivate strong empathy for developers to really understand the technical challenges of building high performance, single-page, desktop web apps.
- Be accountable for outcomes by setting clear objectives and key results on a quarterly basis, and reporting on them with clarity and brutal honesty.
You may be a good fit for this role if you:
- Have 4+ years of product management experience in a developer technology-focused business, and you understand code.
- Have experience in Agile methodologies such as backlog grooming, product prioritization, sprint planning, and retrospectives.
- Are independently driven, resourceful, and able to deliver results in a self-directed way. You like to get things done and have a relentless focus on customer value as your key metric.
- Have a strong degree of technical fluency that allows you to communicate with and understand your target audience (developers), translating their needs into a clear product strategy.
- Have a BA/BS in a technical or quantitative discipline or equivalent experience.
Life at OpenFin
At OpenFin, our mission is to stay on the cutting edge of web technologies and to enable our customers to do the same. While we are currently remote, we pride ourselves on our friendly, understanding office culture. Our goal is to create a space where employees can learn and innovate, and overall, have a good time doing it. Our employees have a diverse set of interests and experiences, and we encourage you to explore those interests and share with us! We have regular happy hours and social events. Our office and our employees are conducive to a productive learning experience -- all the while creating innovative and compelling solutions for our clients.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
- Health and Commuter FSAs
- 401(k) administration and Equity Options for employees
- Free Annual CitiBike Membership
- Generous PTO policy