Product Management Lead at Asana
Product managers at Asana drive Asana’s product strategy and execution, translating customer needs and opportunities into a compelling roadmap and working cross-functionally to deliver impactful solutions for team productivity and collaboration. We’re defining the Work Management category and inventing new ways for teams to work more efficiently together and see the larger purpose behind their work. You’ll work directly with Engineering, Design, Experience Research, and Data Science, as well as with Sales, Support, and Marketing to ship great product. You’ll take part in every type of product work here — from strategy to product to process improvements — conceptualizing, launching, and iterating on Asana itself for millions of teams around the world.
We are looking for an experienced product leader to lead the PM team in our New York office. You’ll be responsible for an extensive and growing product surface area, including Portfolios, Timeline, Workload, and My Tasks and strategic focuses that aren’t live yet. As a critical member of the New York leadership team, you’ll use deep empathy for customers and your product experience to support and coach your team as they take on complex, ambiguous projects where the solution is not clear from the outset. You thrive on cross-functional collaboration and actively work to improve the people, product, and process on your team and beyond.
What you’ll achieve
- Build, mentor, and lead a world-class team of Product Managers.
- Establish the product vision, strategy, metrics, and goals for your product areas.
- Define and deliver compelling product roadmaps based on customer needs and strategic opportunities and build alignment across product teams, cross-functional partners and other product leaders.
- Partner with Engineering and Design peers to execute on the plan.
- Connect the dots across experiences and teams to create a cohesive customer experience.
- Implement best in class product development and management practices.
- Communicate concisely and influence outcomes.
- 8+ years of product management experience, managing software products from inception through launch and iteration
- Demonstrated track record of product leadership.
- Demonstrated track record of building, mentoring, and leading a world-class team of Product Managers.
- Strong track record of individual contributor product management work.
- Built and scaled global B2B products and ecosystems.
- Built and scaled B2C products that consumers have loved.