Product Manager, Accessibility at Peloton
Peloton is seeking an experienced product manager who will drive forward initiatives related to accessibility and inclusivity across our bike, tread & digital products. Their goal is to help build towards a future where anyone with the desire can experience Peloton at its fullest. This person will serve as the go-to resource for thought leadership around this subject and help teams take this into account while designing, developing and launching new products, features and services.
In this role, you will:
- Own the vision, strategy, and roadmap for accessibility and inclusivity across all of our engagement products
- Help establish a standard of thinking and problem solving across our product, design & engineering teams that takes into account the needs of all people
- Partner with design teams to ideate, define & design best-in-class accessibility and inclusivity experiences
- Work with stakeholders and outside vendors to identify the most impactful accessibility and inclusivity initiatives and develop a thoughtful roadmap on how to achieve them
- Serve as the liaison between accessibility & inclusivity stakeholders + legal team and the rest of the product team
- Develop accessibility guidelines/resources for product, design, UX, and engineering
- Stay on top of developing legal requirements surrounding accessibility and ensure Peloton is compliant
- Work with member support research and other member channels to understand pain points for users with accessibility needs
- Help us establish Peloton as a product at the forefront of accessibility & inclusivity
- 4+ years of product management experience
- Direct experience working on accessibility initiatives at a software company
- Passionate about accessibility and inclusivity
- Familiar with the legal landscape of the accessibility space and demonstrates a deep understanding of the needs of the visually impaired/hearing impaired community and an eye toward best practices and trends for software companies
- Relentlessly user focused and uses data to help inform decisions
- Thrives in a collaborative environment and is willing to give and accept constructive feedback
- Is solution oriented, looks to deliver the most user impact in the most efficient way possible
- Self starter; ability to act autonomously
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.