Product Manager, Ad Delivery
As part of JW Player’s Ad Products team, you will create and drive a product strategy that ensures peak performance and efficient monetization at scale for Publishers leveraging the JW Player video player. You will own the Ad Plugins, Ad Scheduling, implementation of Ad Standards, and all strategies for successful ad delivery. You will work alongside your product team members, business strategists, designers, engineers and data scientists to help our customers build successful businesses within the video ecosystem while solving some of the most challenging and complex problems facing online video advertising today.
In this role, you will:
- Help define a product vision and roadmap for the video player’s advertising delivery products (IMA SDK, VAST plugin, Freewheel, etc.)
- Work with industry organizations such as Internet Advertising Bureau to drive standards
- Identify and create the right partnerships that improve ad delivery (e.g., fraud vendors)
- Develop a deep understanding of and evangelize the impact and value of your products’ capabilities and feature set
- Define, monitor, and report to the executive team on the effectiveness of ad delivery
- Lead internal trainings to promote operational efficiency and customer success for your product
- Research and analyze customer asks, customer data, market trends, and the competition to help drive prioritization, product decisioning and opportunities in the video ad delivery space
- Work with multiple stakeholders, both internal (sales, marketing, product, engineering, etc) and external (customers, partners) to gather and prioritize product/feature requirements
- Review and write product requirements & functional specifications to communicate and guide product development
- Collaborate with other Product Managers, UX/UI Designers and Engineering teams to deliver fully integrated products.
- Set and share goals with engineering partners and prioritize features, improvements, and bugs within the product backlog; participate in recurring scrum ceremonies
- Lead the planning, execution, and success of each product that goes to market
- 5+ years of product management or related experience
- Passion for the ad tech industry and the standards set by the IAB and other international groups
- Motivated, self starter with a proven track record of taking products to market from idea conception to launch in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Experience with the agile product process from the product management perspective, either as a product manager/owner or as a product-managing engineer
- Familiarity with JS, CSS, HTML
- Familiarity with IAB Video Protocols (VAST, oRTB, VMAP, VPAID, OMID)
- Experience with online video playback technology
- Experience with the ad tech ecosystem
- Experience with reporting and implementation dashboards and workflows
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago and continues to innovate as the world’s largest network-independent platform for video delivery and intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, and Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types and sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver and monetize their content across all devices. JW Player’s massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights and generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London and Eindhoven, and was named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ in 2017. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.