Product Manager, Automation at DoubleVerify
Who we are:
DoubleVerify is the leader in digital performance solutions, improving the impression quality and audience impact of digital advertising. Built on best practices, DoubleVerify solutions create value for media buyers and sellers by bringing transparency and accountability to the market, ensuring ad viewability, brand safety, fraud protection, accurate impression delivery and audience quality across campaigns to drive performance. Since 2008, DoubleVerify has helped hundreds of Fortune 500 companies gain the most value out of their media spend by delivering best in class solutions across the digital ecosystem that help build a better industry. Learn more at doubleverify.com.
With the fragmentation of digital ad spending into an ever increasing number of media formats and environments, it is critical for DV’s ad exposure and engagement measurement products to execute accurately and efficiently wherever our advertiser and publisher clients run our services. As the Product Manager- Automation, you will be responsible for designing and building tools that maintain our high quality standard every time we measure an ad impression. The ideal candidate will possess a strong knowledge of automation techniques in high scale systems. This is a challenging and unique position because it requires the ability to understand a complex and ever-changing technical environment, quickly grasp how interdependencies can degrade quality or cause our measurement to fail, and simplify these factors into a set of clear requirements for tools to mitigate that risk that allows engineering to build those tools.
Unlike a lot of other roles, the ideal candidate could have followed a lot different paths to be ready to take this on. If you are a superstar engineer and are interested in making the move into product management, this may be for you. If you’ve designed and managed large scale quality automation systems, this may be for you. If you’re a technical product manager for process automation tools for complex processes, this may be for you.
This role is part of the growing Exposure and Engagement (E&E) measurement product team. We are a cross functional team that enables DoubleVerify’s services across all devices/ ad formats, collects ad exposure and engagement signals, and produces metrics, reports, and insights for DV products, clients and partners.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the development of a modern fully functional automation test framework to support all aspects of quality, including the execution of automated test plans
- Work collaboratively with PMs and engineers, including teams in different locations, to build the roadmap for automation; compile product requirements that are best suited for automated testing.
- Manage the scope of the measurement quality team to translate the product requirements into test cases and suites
- Validate the outcome of the tests by comparing the browser/app measurement results and database assertions against the expected results
- Isolate, replicate, and report any anomalies per an automated defined process and escalate them in an actionable format for development teams to investigate and resolve
- Design and create monitors and alerts to identify scenarios where we may lose data or be unable to measure impressions that were not identified in the test environment
- Manage DV’s partner certification process for mobile in-app and CTV inventory that ensures the accuracy of measurement signals
Who You Are:
- Product management or related experience with 3-5 years managing automated tests, processes and products
- Prior experience managing products that are exposed as APIs/SDKs and experience in web/mobile and CTV app testing
- Proven track record of improving product test coverage and managing large suites of automated tests
- Strong data analysis skills and attention to details; a successful candidate is expected to have a data driven approach where product requirements are derived through insights from large datasets
- Possess outstanding critical thinking skills for future-thinking and planning
- B.A. /B.S. or equivalent/higher level of education in Computer Science or a related technical field is strongly preferred
- Your coworkers describe you as “hands-on” and having a positive “can-do” attitude
What We Consider as Advantages:
- Past experience in AdTech/MarTech or related areas with a strong understanding of the online advertising industry, platforms, and relevant metrics
- Prior experience in a CI/CD environment where the automated testing solution ensures quality
- Experience directly or managing teams that use tools such as Selenium/ BrowserStack or Postman/ similar API tools