Betterment’s mission is to empower people to do what’s best for their money so that they can live better, and this mission extends to all of our business. In this role, you’ll be the product manager for Betterment for Advisors, our platform that helps financial advisors offer superior service to their clients through Betterment’s technology.
Betterment for Advisors (B4A) was started in 2015 after years of inquiries from financial advisors that wanted to deliver the same great service that the B2C Betterment platform provides to their own clients. B4A is a standalone application that allows advisors to manage the accounts of many clients in one modern, sophisticated, and easy-to-use interface. Clients of the advisors have access to a white-labeled client portal where they can partner with their advisor to create and maintain a plan for their financial lives.
B4A is seeking a full time product manager to work with a dedicated Engineering and Design team. The role reports directly to the General Manager of the business, and will be responsible for helping to curate a roadmap that resonates in-market, as well as executing on that roadmap. B4A is a focused team, and everyone involved is committed to growing the business and delivering the best-possible service for our advisors and their clients.A Day in the Life:
On any given day, the PM for B4A may:
- Break down projects into executable tasks with Engineering leads
- Draft copy for new features
- Create materials for legal and compliance reviews ahead of engineering builds
- Conduct sprint-planning and backlog grooming for engineering squads, in partnership with Engineering leads
From time to time, the PM for B4A may also:
- Assist in strategy meetings with the GM and planning teams
- Partner with design to set up user-testing sessions with advisors
- Attend roadmap review sessions with PMs working on direct-to-consumer products
- Assist the marketing team in coordinating communications about changes in the platform
- Experience working as a Product Manager in a software development setting or similar environment
- Decisiveness and ownership while assisting with product development decisions- in the context of business realities
- A prowess at cultivating relationships with cross-functional teams and stakeholders
- An understanding or willingness to learn about design thinking
- The ability to breakdown ambiguous problems into a clear plan of action
- A willingness to challenge design or product decisions in the interest of building the best thing for our users
- High standards for maintaining high quality product and product disposition
- Demonstration of success at communicating, prioritizing and balancing needs cross-functionally and across seniority levels
- Comfort speaking on behalf of the product with financial advisors or external stakeholders
- An interest or familiarity with personal finance and fintech
- A passion for delivering the best possible service to our advisors and their clients
Joining Betterment means joining a community of folks passionate about change, being on a team that cares for your health and well-being, and being on a journey of non-stop growth and evolution.
- You’ll join a Community:
- Betterment is a place to bring your best self. We welcome families (and pets) for all our activities such as lunches, company retreats, and celebrations.
- Make meaningful connections with your peers through interest groups, sports clubs, social events, meetups, and regular knowledge sharing.
- You’ll stay Happy and Healthy:
- Regardless of where you are, we will ensure you're well set up and cared for, through gym reimbursements, a customizable workstation, enrollment in our 401(k) service, flexible parental leave, and a whole suite of thoughtful benefits.
- You’ll have unlimited paid personal and vacation days, and a team that cares about your whole life, not just what you’re working on.
- You’ll Learn & Grow:
- Enhance your skills and abilities through Betterment University courses and additional spending for outside learning.
- Contribute to our knowledge and transparent workspace through mentoring and career coaching programs, weekly company meetings, show & tells and BetterDev.
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to [email protected]About Betterment
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $22 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 500,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.